Big 5 Interview Questions

1.9

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Cajon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Big 5.

Applied online. Took about 3 days to hear back. Went down to the Big 5 store they wanted me for. Waited for half an hour for the manager to start the interview. Guy didn't even tell me why I had to wait or even apologize. Easy questions. Offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • " What sports are you playing now in college"   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and had a friend who worked there put in a good word for me. I got a call in 2 days, and was scheduled for an interview later that day. The environment was relaxed, but still professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to solve a list of simple math problems in a time limit.   Answer Question
    • Have you been convicted of any felonies or firearm-related crimes? (We sell guns.)   Answer Question
    • Describe your past experience and why you would be good at this job.   Answer Question
    • What sports are you familiar with, enough to sell people correct products for their needs?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Porterville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porterville, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Big 5 in July 2014.

I went in one day to talk to the hiring manager he told me to apply online which i did. Next day took him my resume 3-5 days later i get called to serup a interview. The interview was fairly easy he wanted to learn more about my life like sports ive done and asked only a few questions about the job

Interview Questions
    I will not disappoint you hiring me . He seemed surprised so i knew other people werent saying that . To the hiring manager it shows you are ready to work and gives them an idea that you are serious about the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Big 5 in March 2014.

Filled out application on-line, was called soon after for an interview. The manager seemed distracted and avoided eye-contact, was a very odd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, interview was more about the manager than me.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Big 5.

very easy interview and required math test that was basic addition/subtraction/multiplication/division

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Big 5.

I was never contacted by the employer although I had each of the qualifications requested. I applied for this position a couple times of similar years.

Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Big 5 in November 2013.

I went in and filled out a simple interview form and applied for a part-time job, noting that I did also go to school two days a week. Almost 2 months later I received an interview with the store manager. I was dressed formally, thankfully because everyone in the store wheres a shirt and tie. The manager took me into a small weird office but i was just happy for the opportunity. I had to take a math test (SO easy) The interview was quite simple. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a enhance this store and be an asset to Big 5?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Big 5.

I went in to apply because they had a big poster that read "now accepting applications" so i go in to ask for an applications, they gave it to me relatively fast. I went home filled it out and came in again the next day to turn it in with a resume attatched. I spoke with the assistant manager who does the interviews and he said it looks great and we'll give you a call. They call me the very next day to set up an interview. I go in and the interview is pretty simple and basic. Two days pass and they call again to offer me the job. Easiest process by far.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer pulled an item off the clothing rack and asked what is the difference between that particular item as opposed to another brand. Improvisation was involved.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. Take it or leave it.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McMinnville, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Big 5 in September 2013.

Easy, no questions asked

Lenghty and Thorough Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Big 5 in September 2013.

went back for 3 interviews with different team members. Was very thorough. Also had to pass through several depts for approval.

Interview Questions
    • Large amount of questions into specifics on product and past experiences. Was not ready for almost berating inquiries 1 after another.   Answer Question

Worked for Big 5? Contribute to the Community!