Big 5

Getting the Interview

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Big 5 in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic. They asked about my experience and had me take a brief math test.

Interview Question – None but they had me come in the next day in a tie to make sure I had it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Henderson, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Big 5 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out application on-line, was called soon after for an interview. The manager seemed distracted and avoided eye-contact, was a very odd interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, interview was more about the manager than me.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
McMinnville, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Big 5 in September 2013.

Interview Details – Easy, no questions asked

Lenghty and Thorough Interview

El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Big 5 in September 2013.

Interview Details – went back for 3 interviews with different team members. Was very thorough. Also had to pass through several depts for approval.

Interview Question – Large amount of questions into specifics on product and past experiences. Was not ready for almost berating inquiries 1 after another.   Answer Question

Management Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Big 5 in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied there and went in there a week after to speak with the manager and he gave me the math test within 15 mins. Which the test its fairly simple. Asked basic questions once I was done and hired me that day

Interview Question – Why I should be hired   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Big 5 in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied in person and was offered an interview several days later where I met with the district supervisor. He offered me the position after about 30 minutes or so. After that there is an in depth backround check where they check your criminal record, education, and former jobs. Do not lie on your application as they will find out. No credit check, though.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about your customer service experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They make an offer and you can take it or leave it.

Retail Sales Interview

Retail Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Big 5.

Interview Details – very easy interview and required math test that was basic addition/subtraction/multiplication/division

Interview Question – no hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Laguna Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Big 5 in October 2011.

Interview Details – Printed out an application and brought it into the store. Brought it in to the store manager who then asked me about my availability. He then asked if I was serious and was going to show up for my shifts and not flake out. After that I had to take a basic math test in order to work on the register. One more call to HR after that and I was hired

Interview Question – Do you have any felonies?   Answer Question

Part-Time Interview

Torrance, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Big 5 in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went in and filled out a simple interview form and applied for a part-time job, noting that I did also go to school two days a week. Almost 2 months later I received an interview with the store manager. I was dressed formally, thankfully because everyone in the store wheres a shirt and tie. The manager took me into a small weird office but i was just happy for the opportunity. I had to take a math test (SO easy) The interview was quite simple. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Why would you be a enhance this store and be an asset to Big 5?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Big 5.

Interview Details – I was never contacted by the employer although I had each of the qualifications requested. I applied for this position a couple times of similar years.

Interview Question – Wouldn't know, I never got the chance to be asked.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Big 5

Worked for Big 5? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Big 5 interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Big 5 employees and interview candidates.