Big 5 Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big 5.

Interview

Back then, you had to go in person and pick up an application. Now everything is done online. They call you back within a few days and make a date and time to go interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with sporting goods?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Big 5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Big 5 in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy interview. The manager went over my resume and asked me a few general interview questions. Then the manager talked about what the Sales Associate's responsibilities are. The Interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was supposed to get a call in a week if I got the job or not. I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What sports do you play or did you play? What sports are you most knowledgeable on? Do you have any experience with firearms?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Big 5.

Interview

I showed up dressed up, which is already the uniform for Big 5. The manager was impressed by that and that already proved that I had the close to wear for the job. We went over my resume and was asked a few specific questions about some information on it. followed by a few other questions. I was pretty much hired on the spot but I didn't start working for several weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history since I had a job that was for a long period of time and the others were shorter. The manager inquired about why that was, in concern of my dependability.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big 5.

Interview

I had one interview. You fill out a short math exam that tests your basic math skills, and then speak to one or two managers. They didn't ask any real interview questions, just some general stuff about you availability, interests, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and had a friend who worked there put in a good word for me. I got a call in 2 days, and was scheduled for an interview later that day. The environment was relaxed, but still professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to solve a list of simple math problems in a time limit.   Answer Question
    • Have you been convicted of any felonies or firearm-related crimes? (We sell guns.)   Answer Question
    • Describe your past experience and why you would be good at this job.   Answer Question
    • What sports are you familiar with, enough to sell people correct products for their needs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Big 5 (Porterville, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I went in one day to talk to the hiring manager he told me to apply online which i did. Next day took him my resume 3-5 days later i get called to serup a interview. The interview was fairly easy he wanted to learn more about my life like sports ive done and asked only a few questions about the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I will not disappoint you hiring me . He seemed surprised so i knew other people werent saying that . To the hiring manager it shows you are ready to work and gives them an idea that you are serious about the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Big 5 (Tucson, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Was not a hard interview at all. I think any time you go in for an interview you should always come prepared. The interviewer was prepared and asked a hand full of questions that revolved around the work place and how you would handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• How do you best fit in this work place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Big 5 (Henderson, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application on-line, was called soon after for an interview. The manager seemed distracted and avoided eye-contact, was a very odd interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, interview was more about the manager than me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big 5.

Interview

I went in to apply because they had a big poster that read "now accepting applications" so i go in to ask for an applications, they gave it to me relatively fast. I went home filled it out and came in again the next day to turn it in with a resume attatched. I spoke with the assistant manager who does the interviews and he said it looks great and we'll give you a call. They call me the very next day to set up an interview. I go in and the interview is pretty simple and basic. Two days pass and they call again to offer me the job. Easiest process by far.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer pulled an item off the clothing rack and asked what is the difference between that particular item as opposed to another brand. Improvisation was involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Big 5 (Vancouver, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Saw a 'Now Hiring" sign and picked up an application. Sent in the application and made sure to call back frequently. Manager told me that they would call in a week, which he did and was called in for an interview. Interview felt relaxed and comfortable. I was required to take a simple math test.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty basic, such as hobbies, what schools I have attended, and why I am interested in the position that I applied for.   1 Answer