Big Brothers Big Sisters of America

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.8

Program Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

I was brought in for a first and second round interview. On the second interview I was brought around to HR, the executive director, and submitted a background check form. Only took a few days after my second interview to hear back about the position.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate.

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

I had three interviews, met with several different people in the company. Also had an extensive 2 hour long phone interview. The Human Resources process was very slow, and the company never took the time, after all of mine was invested, to reach out to me personally about not getting the job.

Enrollment Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America in July 2014.

I forwarded my resume via email and received an email the next day requesting a phone interview. After the phone interview then your resume is forwarded to the hiring manager. The hiring manager will schedule you for a second interview plus schedule you for a computer skills test along with a typing test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just the basic questions.   View Answer

Mentor M≪ Anager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

Wasn't too bad, although initial interview took over 3 hours and interviewer did most of the talking. Second interview was brief. Decision was made in a decent period of time considering the norm.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember - most questions were pretty typical - like strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.

Enrollment and Match Specialist Interview

I applied online and was contacted in a few days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was told more about the position and was asked to discuss experience, education, etc. From the phone interview, an in person interview was scheduled for the following week. I was interviewed by two individuals and the interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you adapted your communication style when dealing with someone who clearly had a different perspective than you. Tell me how you adapted the content of your message to ensure it was effectively received.   Answer Question

Enrollment and Match Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

Initial telephone interview that took about 10 minutes. I was told more about the Job Description :the interview process for Bigs and family interviews for Littles, which might take 1 to 1 1/2 hour in the homes. Was asked about my previous experience in the field. Follow-up question was: would I be comfortable doing this? (My Answer :"Yes".)I was told there are forms, documentations to fill out afterwards. What were my computer skills like? (Average 30-35 wpm. I could brush up on Excel if needed.) Interview ended on "someone will be getting back to you in a week or sooner." I was emailed in 5 days that they were looking for someone with "more clinical experience in the field."

Match Support Specialist Interview

I was invited to attend a group interview. There were 7 other candidates there. It was more like an information session. We broke up into groups to answer a case scenario question and then had to report to the larger group. I was invited to attend a one on one interview, with two employees of the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was specific to a phone transcript that I was given and had to answer questions about it.   Answer Question

Relationship Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

Went through a phone interview, a second interview and then a third interview with the Vice President and really felt as though I got the job but did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your dignity was challenged.   Answer Question

Human Resource Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

Went through a phone pre-screening process before the actual face-to-face interview. Interviewed with the VP of HR and she was very straight forward and to the point but also comfortable. Good interview even though I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult employee relations situation I had been involved in?   Answer Question

Match Support Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

The hiring and interview process was pretty straightforward and went smoothly. I first had a phone interview, and then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with three people-a member of upper management, a team lead, and a staff member.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were straight-forward and easy to answer if you have ever worked with children or have done any type of social service work.   Answer Question