Big Fish Games

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

3.1

Customer Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big Fish Games.

The interview process is nome like I have been through before. It was more of a speed type dating format. With the exception of the computer exercise, candidates went around the room to different interviewers. I enjoyed it because it gave a different perspective of the company. Each interviewer was from a different department and gave insight to different things within the company. It made me feel more at ease.

Game Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Big Fish Games in June 2014.

It took two weeks to go through the whole process. I applied online and then had a phone interview with BI manager. The questions are not very difficult but there were some technical and stats questions. The on-site interview was quite exhausted but very educational. I talked with 9 interviewers from different roles and they provided different insights to this position. The good thing is you can leverage what previous interviewers' perspectives to answer next interviewers' questions and frame your answers. Learned on the interview. :)

Interview Questions
    • The on-site interview lasted 6 hours so be prepared for that. And there were case study during the interview.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Big Fish Games.

I went through 3 rounds of personal and two rounds of phone interview. Two personal interviews were taken by 5 persons each and last interview was by one of the management person and hr. Everyone who took my technical interview was good and friendly and everyone indicated positive response. I also gave them my previous company contacts. HR called my previous managers but I never heard from them back. I am sure my managers gave good recommendations. And i never heard from HR back. I had to contact them and they said no.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember more of the technical questions they asked but they asked from my previous projects and mostly white board questions. Also some real time problems.   Answer Question

Senior Game Tester/Tester III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Big Fish Games in May 2014.

I was interviewed by five people. The questions were pretty standard, and there were a lot of repeats between people, leaving me to wonder how organized they actually were. Creativity is very important to them for their testers. Wear nice casual business wear for QA testing interviews. Be prepared to repeat yourself more than you might think you need to.

I purposefully answered the question about salary at a higher number than I expected and negotiated to something reasonable.

Senior UI/User Experience Designer Interview

This interview was an all day affair. I was at the office for about 7 hours total.

To start I have to give a presentation to about 20 people. Nobody told me I had to give a presentation, I thought I'd be doing one on one interviews so I brought my iPad and didn't prepare an URL where I could pull my deck to show on the big screen tv. This didn't work so well to talk and present my iPad to a room full of people.

For lunch they receptionist gave me a sandwich in a conference room and I ate in silence while everybody else went to lunch together. Kinda odd since taking a candidate to lunch would have given me an opportutnity to see if I was a good fit for the team.

Meeting after meeting, people came in with a bulleted list of tough questions about process, design directions, and scrum.

After about of 6 hours of interviews I asked why they produce a game a day and have they ever thought about quality over quantity. This question didn't sit well with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between adaptive design and responsive design?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Big Fish Games in March 2014.

Had about 3 calls - went thru a technical test - passed. Test was Javascript (really low level). They were about to fly me out when I was told there was a local that was less experienced but was closer and was a bit lesser money requested.

Game Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big Fish Games in January 2014.

Not too long after submitting my application, I exchanged a series of email messages in which I confirmed a phone interview with a recruiter. However, when that date and time rolled around, I didn't receive a phone call. I tried calling the recruiter and leaving an email message, but didn't receive a response in a week, so I contacted the recruiter's manager. The recruiter called on time the next time, but no explanation or apology was given for the unprofessional behavior. Then I talked with the hiring manager and I thought that interview went well, but then I was informed they declined me. I was already iffy on this position given anecdotes I've heard about layoffs they've had.

Associate Developer Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big Fish Games in March 2013.

I interviewed for this position and was very excited about it, after hearing positive things about the company from a friend who works there. I knew their wages are below industry standard (I have more experience than most of their staff seem to, and from a larger market) but I was prepared to take the cut. After a very positive and engaging interview, when it came time for the recruiter to ask me what my last salary was she audibly gasped and (somewhat rudely) told me there was no way she could come within range of that. I calmly told her that was fine and I knew what this paid and still wanted the job. She pretty much cut the conversation off dead, and did not follow up with me again. I was *over* qualified for the role, had a senior-level internal reference and I more than politely told her money was not everything to me - I just wanted to follow through with the interview process. I do not think recruiters should weed out candidates based purely on this factor in this economy.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself was easy, in my opinion. I had done my homework on the company and am aware of industry-standard production/dev Q's most screeners like to ask.   View Answer

Software Design Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big Fish Games in February 2013.

Phone screen, in person 3 person loop. Medium to advanced level questions. Some questions are specific to their technology. The 2 on 1 interview with two junior level people was awkward but easy enough to flip the tables and grill them for information about the environment and personalities. The as-appropriate interviewer was late and so hurried for time he seemed a bit like Homer Simpson. Figured he was just having a rough day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to test an application with dependencies on web services.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate. They came out with a package above expectations. The medical benefits are seriously lacking behind industry standards. Commuting benefits are nice. Paying to park at worksite is insulting.

Web Whatever Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Big Fish Games in November 2012.

Applied for a web developer position, was contacted by guy who had it doomed from the start. must have caught him on a bad day.

Interview Questions
    • The day he contacted me after his supposed "bad day" and started the process over again. I had to ask "Did you not just interview and decide to move on?"

"Jolly good mate just ignore the email" was my response

Answer Question