Big Lots Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Big Lots.

When I was wanting to change retail jobs, A girl from Columbus Ohio called me on the phone. She found my resume online. I sent her back to her manager 3 time before I agreed to an Interview. I wanted more money. As soon as we decided on a number I got an interview for Furniture manager. Got a 2nd interview and started the 3 week training soon after that. My training lasted 3 days of the 3 weeks they told me it was going to be. But I soon picked up the knowledge that I needed and added some of my own stuff in to my job description. I wrote my own schedule, hired my own team and demanded more hours for my team. I had created a good team, and bonused almost ever quarter.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question, I nailed it.   View Answer
    I sent the head hunter back 3 times to get the price I wanted.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Big Lots in November 2013.

one interview, can you work with a team, under pressure, meet goals. can you handle rude or uneasy customers. Lots for book/ manuals papers to fill out. want you to work as soon as your done with the paper work.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult was can you work out problems with fellow workers   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Big Lots.

basic interview questions, nothing very hard. I was interviewed by the assistant manager and offered the job on the spot which was very unexpected. I feel like they were just in need of any real help they could receive. The questions were more or less pertained to the customer experience and how to make it as best as possible. The only real out of the norm question was pertained to returns and being able to handle telling someone no, if i thought they were trying to ste4al from the company.

None.

CSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marianna, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marianna, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Big Lots in November 2011.

Very easy process just went over my application and was asked a lot of questions about my former jobs experience. Didn't have to do a drug test which I found very strange a company this size.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Big Lots in August 2014.

Was contacted via phone to set up a phone interview the next day. Even though, according to the website I had the qualifications they were looking for, I was told that they could not offer me the position. Instead, they would attempt to offer me something with hourly wages and call me back, which never happened.

Interview Questions
    • In depth review of previous experiences, practically to the point of dissection.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Big Lots in May 2014.

I was brought it by another intern who was nice at first, once I got to the interview it went well. Seemed to get along great with the other IT people. It was the last part of the interview when things got interesting. Dealt with two human resource people that felt like they needed their ego stroked more than I was willing to do.

Interview Questions
    • Basically for me was telling them about myself, for I do not know what is right or wrong.   Answer Question

IT QA Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Big Lots in June 2014.

I had a referral from a friend. The HR rep called me soon after. She was friendly and we set up a phone screen. A week later they called me in for an on site interview. I interviewed with my would-be supervisor and a Sr Analyst.

Advertising Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Big Lots in May 2014.

I applied online. They called for a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. Their online application process in very ancient. The resume does not format correctly. After an initial phone interview, they invited me for a face-to-face interview. I drove over 150 miles for the interview. I meet with the hiring manager and their boss. None of the questions were unexpected. I thought things went well. So as a good candidate should, I send a thank-you email. I was told that I would hear something within 2 days. Well 1 week rolled by and I heard nothing. Fine...I assumed I didn't get the position. But then after I left a VM for the HR contact 1 week after the email, still nothing. I think this is totally unprofessional, especially given that I drove so much out of my way to meet these people. The least they could have done was shoot me a rejection email, or let me know why they didn't go with me. I was surprised by this lack of professionalism. I'm taking this as a poor reflection on the company and am happy to move on.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to make a business recommendation, with solid data points validating your recommendation, and upper management still doesn't take your recommendations, how would feel about that?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Big Lots.

2 interviews you have to go through the first is very long if you get to the second one you have the job.They just ask basic evryday questions that will help to run there business

yes stick to your price remember they need you on there team

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Big Lots.

Interivew test basic retail knowledge nothing to hard. They look to see if you have the knowledge to become a ASSOCIATE MANAGER NOT STORE MANAGER. If had prior retail experience you would be fine

Interview Questions
    • none had few years in retail, How would you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    non negotiation 12HR

Worked for Big Lots? Contribute to the Community!