Big Lots

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Big Lots.

The normal. How do you fit in with this company?

NO negotiations

Corporate Office Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Big Lots.

Applied online. Took 1/2month and got a phone call for interview. Very basic questions. Just go through your resume and why you want to work for Big lots

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Big Lots.

Walked in because of a posted banner outside, Filled out the paperwork and told them I had experience. I gave references and was hired on the spot and started that day. The store was very short handed going into the holiday season and needed someone right away. I was surprised at how little information was requested but happy to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Strangest interview since the only questioned asked was if I had experience.   View Answer
    None, they gave me what I ws asking for

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big Lots.

Interviewed by Regional recruiter on the telephone. Asked about work history, how i would handle certain situations involving negative customer service experiences ect. Questions about salary expectations. Next interviewed with the District Manager who laid out what their expectation were. After that a phone interview with Regional Manager as a sign off to make an offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Big Lots.

Simple interview with store manager and DM. regular questions like how much volume at previous store, payroll and shrink rates. How you handle situations. etc. nothing unexpected. They run a background check that takes about a week. No drug test unless you have an accident at work and then they run an oral swab.

Interview Questions
    promises of raises that aren't in writing and don't happen. Raises happen once a year and that's it. Promises of training that doesn't happen. Figure it out yourself or sink.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Big Lots.

interviewer was brief, told me what he was looking for and about the company and upon reviewing my application asked if I was ready to work

Interview Questions
    when asked what days available, the one day I'm not available I continuously get scheduled to work

IT Service Desk Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Big Lots.

The interview was very informal and not difficult. I didn't feel like I was being challenged for the position, but rather that the interviewer wanted to get to know me professionally and a bit on a personal level. While I understand this was to see if I'd be a good fit, it seemed very strange once the interviewer told me the position had been filled nearly a week earlier.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Big Lots in November 2013.

one interview, can you work with a team, under pressure, meet goals. can you handle rude or uneasy customers. Lots for book/ manuals papers to fill out. want you to work as soon as your done with the paper work.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult was can you work out problems with fellow workers   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

They have a great training program for people having hard times finding a job

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of personal and introspective questions that I could not answer on the top of my head   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Big Lots.

Asked if I had any experience.

Interview Questions
    • None. Previous jobs and hours available was about all that was asked.   Answer Question