Big Lots

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Big Lots in May 2014.

Interview Details – Walked in one day and saw they were hiring. Asked for an application and returned the next day. Spoke with the store manager who set up a formal interview for the following day. The interview consisted of the typical questions such as experience, why you want to work there, etc. At the end of the interview, was told I would receive an email within the next few days for a background check consent. About three days later, got called to discuss results and possible employment.

Interview Question – It was all pretty standard. There were no questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay starts at $8. Part-time employees get no more than 24 hours a week. Benefits offered after a ear of service.

Monroeville, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Big Lots in October 2012.

Interview Details – Walk-in hiring process.

Interview Question – Simple personal Interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Very Easy Interview

Mc Kees Rocks, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Big Lots in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was really awkward and a really quiet interview. The manager who interviewed me barely asked me anything.

Sonora, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Big Lots in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as a Temp/Part Time to set a new store up, I was converted to Regular/Part Time after the store opened. The interview was less than 5 minutes and I was asked very simple job related and experience related questions and was hired on the spot!

Interview Question – School related question: I dont remember the exact phrasing but it was about a school project, if I had ever done one and what it was/how did I play a part/bla blah, I never took part in school projects as a group, It was always individuallly!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When it comes to having limited experience, being only 21, you take what is offered. If I'd had more experience Id have felt more confident in negotiating, In fact I probably would have asked for Management!

Worked for Big Lots? Contribute to the Community!