Big Lots Store Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

1.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Big Lots.

basic interview questions, nothing very hard. I was interviewed by the assistant manager and offered the job on the spot which was very unexpected. I feel like they were just in need of any real help they could receive. The questions were more or less pertained to the customer experience and how to make it as best as possible. The only real out of the norm question was pertained to returns and being able to handle telling someone no, if i thought they were trying to ste4al from the company.

None.

Other Interview Reviews for Big Lots

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Big Lots in May 2014.

Walked in one day and saw they were hiring. Asked for an application and returned the next day. Spoke with the store manager who set up a formal interview for the following day. The interview consisted of the typical questions such as experience, why you want to work there, etc. At the end of the interview, was told I would receive an email within the next few days for a background check consent. About three days later, got called to discuss results and possible employment.

Interview Questions
    • It was all pretty standard. There were no questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay starts at $8. Part-time employees get no more than 24 hours a week. Benefits offered after a ear of service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Big Lots in October 2012.

Walk-in hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mc Kees Rocks, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Kees Rocks, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Big Lots in August 2011.

It was really awkward and a really quiet interview. The manager who interviewed me barely asked me anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sonora, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sonora, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Big Lots in September 2011.

I was hired as a Temp/Part Time to set a new store up, I was converted to Regular/Part Time after the store opened. The interview was less than 5 minutes and I was asked very simple job related and experience related questions and was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • School related question: I dont remember the exact phrasing but it was about a school project, if I had ever done one and what it was/how did I play a part/bla blah, I never took part in school projects as a group, It was always individuallly!   View Answer
    When it comes to having limited experience, being only 21, you take what is offered. If I'd had more experience Id have felt more confident in negotiating, In fact I probably would have asked for Management!

Worked for Big Lots? Contribute to the Community!