Big Lots

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Store Associate Interview

Mc Kees Rocks, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Big Lots in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was really awkward and a really quiet interview. The manager who interviewed me barely asked me anything.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Sonora, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Big Lots in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as a Temp/Part Time to set a new store up, I was converted to Regular/Part Time after the store opened. The interview was less than 5 minutes and I was asked very simple job related and experience related questions and was hired on the spot!

Interview Question – School related question: I dont remember the exact phrasing but it was about a school project, if I had ever done one and what it was/how did I play a part/bla blah, I never took part in school projects as a group, It was always individuallly!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When it comes to having limited experience, being only 21, you take what is offered. If I'd had more experience Id have felt more confident in negotiating, In fact I probably would have asked for Management!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Big Lots

Worked for Big Lots? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Big Lots Store Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Big Lots employees and interview candidates.