Big M

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Totowa, NJ

I interviewed at Big M in August 2008.

Interview Details – Too few people ask good questions and they never appeared to be interested in what i did before, but only wanted to know if i could do "whatever it takes". To me that meant what you did before doesn't matter, it only matters if you do what we want when we want you to do it.

Interview Question – What would your former boss say about you.   Answer Question

Director of E-Commerce Interview

Director of E-Commerce
Totowa, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Big M in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met with HR director at the Sheraton in Meadowlands, NJ. I don't have a car and the Totowa location requires one. I assured the director that transportation would not be a problem but he preferred to meet prospective associates at that location. He had a copy of my resume but the interview was actually a conversation about my work history and my thoughts about the company's Website. I did my research and knew quite a bit about the company, it's history, principles and the site. I even gave some notes which he wrote down.

Sent a thank you letter immediately afterward.

Though I thought I did well, I didn't hear back from them the following week, which is what I was told to expect. Also contacted the recruiter to follow up but didn't hear from him either.

Honestly don't know why I didn't get a call back.

Interview Question – What do you think about our site?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Big M in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied by e-mailing HR recruiting directly. I sent a small paragraph on who I am, what I am looking for, and my degree. I got a call back form a woman in HR who asked some questions about what I want. We then set up an interview with the DM and myself. Everything went well.

Interview Question – This job is hard and there is a lot of work to do, you will always be busy. How do you think you would be able to manage all of the different aspects of this position?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They offered me $34,000... which is not equivalent to the workload I would be taking on. So I had to decline the position. I would have been a hard worker and loyal, but the money just wasn't there.

Worked for Big M? Contribute to the Community!