Big Y Foods

Big Y Foods Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Big Y Foods

Deli Sales Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Big Y Foods.

I interviewed with the department manager and the employee services representative for the store. They were both very friendly and pleasant. They asked simple, fair questions. I was able to voice any concerns over the job and they answered honestly. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate availability for training process. They're very good about working around your schedule.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Big Y Foods.

once I put in my application, (which took almost an hour and a half to complete) I got called within a week to set up an interview. the dress code for the interview was business professional. lasted about 25 mins. was told to take a drug test within the next 24 hours. only sketchy part was that I was told I was hired at as part-time cashier (which means no less than 18 hours per week and no more than 30) and that's exactly what I was looking for, BUT after two months my hours started to drop. when I brought the subject up to my managers and Employee Services Rep, they stated that I was hired as Casual, not Part-time. which means 25 or less. yet I remember specifically accepting the job offer because they promised to give me 25+ hours a week.

Interview Questions
    • if I was willing to quit my other two jobs and work solely for Big Y   View Answer
    they agreed to pay me more than my other 2 jobs were paying me by the hour. agreed to give me the 25-30 hours I was looking for.

Deli Sales Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Big Y Foods in February 2012.

Long application, including a psych eval(plan at least 45 minutes for the form alone). Calling to check on the application status after 1 week is viewed positively.

Interview Questions
    • None, fairly straight forward character, and personality questions.   Answer Question
    I failed to negotiate. I would encourage others to negotiate the salary.

Bakery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Big Y Foods in July 2010.

The online questionnaire is by far the most intense part of the interview process. However there is no way around it. After you have filled that out and been called in for a face to face, its pretty smooth sailing from there

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you have to add to our Company   View Answer
    Not much negotiating. They don't really pay above a certain amount for a new employee

Grocery Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Big Y Foods in February 2011.

It was a standard interview in which they asked specific questions to determine what type of employee a person might be and how they would react in specific situations. It was a fair process but I walked away with the feeling that they didn't take the opportunity to see what I really had to offer for their company.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you provided superior customer service.   Answer Question