BigCommerce Tech Support Ninja Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I was hired through a hiring event. You need to pass through 3 interviews (1 with a peer, 1 with a manager and 1 with the director of IT) and also navigate your way through all the culture sleuths (yes, we have randomly placed people to judge you on your ability to fit in with the culture).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BigCommerce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Extremely happy with the interview process. No gotcha questions, no brain teasers, no hidden agendas, I was informed of salary and benefits early on. Even though the interview with the managers was challenging, it was the most enjoyable job interview I've ever been a part of. And it was a little unconventional: When I was interviewed by all four manager, every one had to vote in favor of hiring me. If even one had said "No", they wouldn't have extended an offer. During the in-person interview, I quickly realized that other companies SAY they put their clients first and believe in giving their employee's a good life balance, but Bigcommerce actually believes it and lives it every day!

Interview Questions

• As I said, there were no gotcha questions. They genuinely wanted to know what my qualifications and motives were.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BigCommerce (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process started off with a 40 minute intelligence/personality test. Once you submit this you are scheduled with a 15 minute interview with one of the managers. Next you are given a link to a technical test that takes about 10 minutes. If you make it this far you receive an email that has instructions for you to build a test store. Including all the custom java/css/images mine took about 16 hours. After this I was scheduled with an hour long interview with 4 managers who were all very friendly and courteous. A few hours after this interview I was sent an email indicating that I had been accepted to proceed to the final and most important interview with a company founder. At the last minute this interview was cancelled and I was advised we would reschedule for a later date. A few months later I received an email advising me that there would never be a final interview and that they moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging part of the interview process is building the demo store. It takes several hour minimum.   Answer Question

Tech Support Ninja Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BigCommerce.

Interview

They have a lengthy interview process and if you are looking at other opportunities I wouldn't hold out with this company if someone else offers you something in the mean time. First part is to submit a resume then they will give you a link to an online personality test. If you get past that there will be a phone interview with HR. If you get past that they will want you to use the software to create an online store. Now here is where the weird part comes in. After.... you spend hours with creating the store you have to come in to their office to take a computer based knowledge test of HTML and DNS knowledge. This is billed as an 'easy' test but it has a lot of persnickity questions on it with lots of close choices. If you're not a fan of hand coding html on notepad you won't like the test. They should probably administer their computer based knowledge test first as to not waste your time playing with their software.

Interview Questions

• The grading for a pass on their written test is a must be an 80 - 90 percentile.   Answer Question