BigMachines

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QA Interview

Senior QA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BigMachines in January 2014.

Interview Details – All of sudden one aptitude question on phone .

Interview Question – Critical thinking question for a testing job which my high school boy can answer easily as he is preparing for ACT/SAT.   View Answer

Administration Interview

Administration

Interviewed at BigMachines

Interview Details – I first learned of BigMachines through I career fair. I applied to the company a couple weeks later and was contacted about a different position because the one I had applied for had been filled. There is a required test that everyone in the company has taken. I then had a phone interview. About a week later I went in for an in person interview. The interview took about 3 hours and I met with 3 different people.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at BigMachines.

Interview Details – Online Assessment, phone screen, retake assessment in person, interviewed by several different individuals

Interview Question – lots of behavioral interview questions - rapid fire style   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Deerfield, IL

The process took 6 days - interviewed at BigMachines.

Interview Details – Received unsolicited email from HR to submit resume for Sr. Project Manager position. I do not know how they got my name. The HR email gives a detailed background on the company, but no information on the position for which they are hiring. You are directed to go to their company website for more information about them. While I did call to get more information on the role, all contact is via email. After submitting resume, received another email to complete a mandatory aptitude and personality tests consisting of 50 questions to be completed in 30 minutes. You will not move forward in the process (i.e., phone or face-to-face interview) until you complete the tests. I received an email a couple days later saying they wanted to move forward with another candidate that closely matched their current needs.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the process is that they don't provide any results from the tests, so you don't know how you scored, nor what they were looking for in the results. Also, without having a job description, I couldn't understand how my background did not match their needs.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Director Interview

Senior Sales Director
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BigMachines in August 2013.

Interview Details – I reached out to hiring manager via LinkedIn - he thought it was a great fit and referred me to recruiter. He was vague about comp plan. He wanted me to take personaliity test first - supposed to take 1 hour.

I researched my counterparts on LinkedIn and they were all incredibly junior - like 2 years experience. I have 15+. I called the recruiter back and told him he was shopping in the wrong department - that I wasn't Bambi and didn't want to bother with the test.

He insisted that they were trying to upgrade their salesforce. So like a sucker I took the test. The were 2 basic parts - SAT/logic and personality. The math part was a joke - complete as many questions in 15 minutes (I think I did 20). The last time I did algebra was when I was in High School - and it's pretty irrelevant to sales - so I didn't take that part seriously. Who the hell would qualify sales reps on SAT type questions anyway?

As far as the personality component, it was standard stuff. Since I've taken about 5 of them and always been hired, I'd guess I'd probably test as a type A personality - typically the way to go with sales guys.

I got an email a few days later saying I wasn't going on.

All I can say is that they are extremely age biased - if you have more than 5 yrs enterprise sales experience don't waste your time.

Interview Question – Why should I apply?   Answer Question

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Online Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at BigMachines.

Interview Details – -They have you take a test, which has nothing to do with your position.
-If you pass they continue with the interview process and you will meet with someone.
-If you fail, they say a recruiter will be in touch. In other words you wasted your time.
-The company has a high turn over rate.
-Lack of leadership.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

Interviewed at BigMachines

Interview Details – The online survey before any interviews takes 2 hours. It's a little too long and takes too much efforts for moving forward.

Sales Interview

Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BigMachines in July 2013.

Interview Details – First you take an online test, then go to their HQ to interview (and take the test again to prove you didn't cheat the first time) and give a presentation. The people were nice enough, but definitely had a rigid process from which they don't stray.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Support Consultant Interview

Customer Support Consultant
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BigMachines in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by email to take a test. Took the test and was asked for pre-screen. Opted not to pursue as the position was much too junior for its description although sounds like the company is a good place to work for.

Area Sales Representative Interview

Area Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BigMachines in July 2013.

Interview Details – Found job online and applied. Contacted by HR recruiter to take test on basic math/problem solving "aptitude test". Not overly difficult. Then contacted by HR for 30 min. phone screening, followed by 30 min. interview with my would be manager. Within a couple days contacted to fly into Chicago offices for sales presentation. Flew out there and took aptitude test again, interviewed with would be manager again, did presentation for him, HR recruiter, and one other manager. The interviewed with manager's-managers...pretty good process. Very well executed, but tedious. A few days later called me back with offer.

Interview Question – Would ask questions from the presentation that they know you do not know.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Was not willing to negotiate salary, so I ended up going to another company.

Worked for BigMachines? Contribute to the Community!