Biggby

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Biggby.

Interview Details – The whole interview went smooth. The hiring manager was very nice and easy talking.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biggby in September 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to a barista in store who said that they were hiring. I applied that night and got a call the next morning. I went in for an interview same day and was hired on the spot with training to start 3 days later. The baristas/shift leaders were very nice.

Interview Question – Honestly the questions were easy in comparison to some that i have had in the past. Make sure you want to know why you want to work for Biggby specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could only negotiate my hours. I was able to add in more hours on the last day of training so i could get tips on one of the days once that day of training is over.

Charlotte, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Biggby in June 2013.

Interview Details – Just an initial interview then a call back if they are interested.

Interview Question – Can you handle a 2 month training process?   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biggby.

Interview Details – Every interview is different. Mine had the boss asking me questions about coffee, customer satisfaction, and how to make things better.

Interview Question – What's your favorite coffee at Biggby? (must have an answer)   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biggby in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired right on the spot and there was a big communication problem between my knowledge of syrups at Biggby and at my other place of employment. I did not know that "pumps of syrup" were actually Biggby pumps of syrup.

FOS Interview

FOS
East Lansing, MI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Biggby in February 2010.

Interview Details – The process went very smooth and was easy. However, there was no follow up from the company after the second interview. Never notified of the outcome of the process. Poor customer services as far as I am concerned.

Interview Question – What would I add to the menu that is not being offered.   Answer Question

East Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biggby in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process began with an energetic greeting. Immediately you are offered a free beverage on the house. I had interviewed with Biggby Coffee before this interview and had a strong understanding of what they were seeking. There was only one interview, that last about half of an hour. We spent most of the time on small talk. Based on the first few minutes and last few minutes it was apparent that they were interested in hiring me. It is easy to get a job with this company if you have similar background work experience.

Interview Question – What my favorite drink was at the store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating process.

HOP (Home Office Percolator) Interview

HOP (Home Office Percolator)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Biggby in September 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted by resume and received a call about a week later to come in for an interview. Two guys were conducting the interview and it was very shot-gun questioning and no emotion at all. Absolutely nothing to make me feel at ease. Before they even started the questioning one of them told me I could not have fake nails while performing this job and I informed him that my nails were real. They were less than a half inch long. I then had to do a skills test to make sure I knew how to use Word and Excel and that was easy. At the end of the interview they never said when I could expect to hear from them and I never heard anything since. I never bothered folllowing up because the overall interview left a bad taste in my mouth and made me think I didn't want to work for them. Maybe they hadn't had their coffee that morning.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging part of each job you have ever had?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Barista

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biggby in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online in late August. After playing phone tag with the manager (I had another job), we scheduled an interview for later in the week. I arrived a few minutes early and was offered a free drink. The manager was not ready for the interview, but the owner happened to be in, so she did my interview. She asked a few standard questions relating to customer service experience and summarized my answers on a form. As she was finishing up with my interview, the manager appeared and ask if I had ever been convicted of anything (odd question, I thought). A day or two later, the manager called and offered me the job.

My advice: Be enthusiastic about Biggby's philosophy and products. And smile a lot - they want this place to look ridiculously happy!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - minimum wage or nothing!

Barista

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Biggby in February 2008.

Interview Details – Walk-in application before store opening. Interviewed next day.

Interview Question – If someone came into the store and asked you "What is there to do in this town?" what would you tell them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good

Worked for Biggby? Contribute to the Community!