Biggby Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Biggby

Barista Interview

Interview

Put in the application online and was called the next day to set up an interview. At the interview I was given the job on the spot to start the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biggby (Midland, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in and one of the managers and a shift leader interviewed me. They read from a sheet of prepared questions that Biggby had for each franchise. They were fairly easy questions and the manager skipped over many of them. They always hire you on the spot so if you don't get asked to take the job then you probably won't get it.

Interview Questions

• What are qualities you like/dislike about previous jobs you've held?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They hired me on the spot so there was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Biggby (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. My manager asked very simple, open ended questions. Barista work is not rocket science. They assume you don't know how the processes and recipes (I've only had Biggby once prior to interviewing there). The important thing to keep in mind is knowing how to work under pressure and memorizing recipes (makes the drink-making process infinitely easier if you remember it rather than referring to the cheat sheet all the time!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had multiple tasks at hand and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biggby.

Interview

Submitted an application online and then called the store to follow up with a manager and introduce myself. A couple of weeks later, I received a call to come in for an interview. The interview was one-on-one with the manager. Questions were pretty standard (What is your biggest asset/weakness? Why would you like to work here? Do you have transportation to the store? Do you have any planned vacations in the near future?) 2-3 days after the interview, I got a call saying I got the job and that training would start a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Biggby? (none of the questions were very difficult)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biggby.

Interview

Basic interview questions. I heard back within a couple weeks of applying. She asked me some questions and told me about all of the things I would be looking forward to. she seemed like a very nice person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She called me and offered me the job and asked me when I would like to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biggby (Toledo, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online got call for interview the next day. Interview went well. Walked in 10 minutes early and was greeted by the manager at the register. Told her I was here for an interview. She had totally forget that she was doing interviews that day and I waited for 5 minutes. She said she would call within 2 weeks after she interviews other candidates.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Biggby in October 2014.

Interview

Saw a sign posted in the store about them looking to hire baristas, went online and applied. The next day I was contacted by the store owner and had an interview setup.

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biggby (Summerville, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the store owner and scheduled an appointment for three days later. Went through the interview and was told that if I got the job I'd be contacted by Monday. the interview was on a Thursday. I interviewed with the owner of the store i was applying to and the manager of the closest store. Between the two of them I feel it was very through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should select you over other applicants?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Biggby.

Interview

The whole interview went smooth. The hiring manager was very nice and easy talking.

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biggby (Ypsilanti, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview not to difficult, I was called into the store and I had an interview with the owner of the franchise, standing because the store was being worked on but most interviews are conducted sitting. My boss would offer a free drink to the interviewee before hand which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Biggby? What would you contribute to the team? What beverages have you tried? Asked to hold a light-hearted conversation since holding conversations with customers is a part of the job.   Answer Question