Biggby

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Biggby

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Biggby.

Submitted an application online and then called the store to follow up with a manager and introduce myself. A couple of weeks later, I received a call to come in for an interview. The interview was one-on-one with the manager. Questions were pretty standard (What is your biggest asset/weakness? Why would you like to work here? Do you have transportation to the store? Do you have any planned vacations in the near future?) 2-3 days after the interview, I got a call saying I got the job and that training would start a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work at Biggby? (none of the questions were very difficult)   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Biggby.

Basic interview questions.
    I heard back within a couple weeks of applying.
    She asked me some questions and told me about all of the things I would be looking forward to.
    she seemed like a very nice person.

Interview Questions
    She called me and offered me the job and asked me when I would like to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Biggby in October 2014.

Applied online got call for interview the next day. Interview went well. Walked in 10 minutes early and was greeted by the manager at the register. Told her I was here for an interview. She had totally forget that she was doing interviews that day and I waited for 5 minutes. She said she would call within 2 weeks after she interviews other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Biggby in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call from the store owner and scheduled an appointment for three days later. Went through the interview and was told that if I got the job I'd be contacted by Monday. the interview was on a Thursday. I interviewed with the owner of the store i was applying to and the manager of the closest store. Between the two of them I feel it was very through.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think we should select you over other applicants?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Biggby.

The whole interview went smooth. The hiring manager was very nice and easy talking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Biggby in September 2013.

I talked to a barista in store who said that they were hiring. I applied that night and got a call the next morning. I went in for an interview same day and was hired on the spot with training to start 3 days later. The baristas/shift leaders were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly the questions were easy in comparison to some that i have had in the past. Make sure you want to know why you want to work for Biggby specifically.   Answer Question
    I could only negotiate my hours. I was able to add in more hours on the last day of training so i could get tips on one of the days once that day of training is over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Biggby in June 2013.

Just an initial interview then a call back if they are interested.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Biggby.

Every interview is different. Mine had the boss asking me questions about coffee, customer satisfaction, and how to make things better.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite coffee at Biggby? (must have an answer)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Biggby in November 2011.

I was hired right on the spot and there was a big communication problem between my knowledge of syrups at Biggby and at my other place of employment. I did not know that "pumps of syrup" were actually Biggby pumps of syrup.

FOS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Biggby in February 2010.

The process went very smooth and was easy. However, there was no follow up from the company after the second interview. Never notified of the outcome of the process. Poor customer services as far as I am concerned.

Interview Questions
    • What would I add to the menu that is not being offered.   Answer Question