Bill Me Later

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bill Me Later in February 2008.

They seemed to have no HR dept of their own but did everything through Sudina Search. The phone interview went OK, but it was kind of difficult because the guy leading it had a heavy accent and one of the people involved was working from home and the connection was not great. I was interested in going there because I knew someone I used to work with and like was now there, but unfortunately the other people didn't seem nice like that guy was. I found the work environment depressing despite seeing a foosball table. It was quiet, no one was really smiling, the office decor was grey and bland, and I saw a couple of people cruising the web. The interview process took 5 hours which was rough and a lot of that was spent waiting (wasting time) for people. I had to wait over an hour to meet with the CIO. By then it was 5:30 in the evening and most of the people were gone. That kind of ticked me off...I almost felt like leaving before talking to him. The building itself seemed OK but due to the location of the building and a major busy intersection it took me almost 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot. In the end I backed out of the hiring process because I did not think I would be happy there.

Interview Questions
  • Asked a question about a computer monitor not working and suggestions for what the problem may be.   Answer Question