Bill Me Later

www.corporate.billmelater.com

Bill Me Later Interview Questions

3.3

Software Developer III Interview

Over the phone interview. Then, in person interview with a manager and developer panel. Core java questions for phone interview that should be a breeze - Questions about basic OO concepts, etc. Whiteboarding in-person session afterwards with code covering core java, threads, databases.

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bill Me Later in July 2011.

Too many interviews: 1 telephonic, 3 days face-to-face each about 4-5 hours. Many interviewers constantly not available, seemed like scheduling was difficult / inefficient. due to work from home options. Everybody asked pretty much same questions - was difficult to keep up the enthusiasm going for that long; seemed like they were incapable of making a group decision. Also, felt like they already had pre-selected candidates - were just going through the process for legal.

Interview Questions
    • When do you know your BA is done collecting requirements   View Answer

I heard they hire ex-MBNA employees. I felt like they the pre-existing friends-of-MBNA clout was too strong. All my interviewers we ex-MBNA. I was perhaps not that welcome and may not get a fare shot after being hired. Probably had to make an offer due to legal/hr reasons.

Senior Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bill Me Later in June 2011.

First interviewed over the phone by a Senior Software Engineer IV/Architect for 30 minutes. The questions were wide range of Java/J2EE. Later I was called for an in-person interview which involved a white board session at the company site in Timmonium, MD with five (team lead, architect, and three developers). My interview went very well which was immediately followed up with a feedback that I did very well and they were discussing an offer for me. However, the company offer took a couple of weeks which they said was because the team lead was in California. I liked the techies on the team and team lead seemed very keen about me.

Interview Questions

The offer came via a PayPal/BML contract HR specialist out of Arizona, who tried to sell me their benefits package over 15 minutes and a salary 12 % lower than my current salary. I declined this offer. The HR specialist said he would talk to the team manager and get back to me soon. A couple of days later they called again and offered the same salary which I declined again. I have been a tech lead and an enterprise architect and went into the interview process stating my current salary and requirements (asked only 3% more) so I was surprised by their offer,

Policeman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fraser, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fraser, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bill Me Later in October 2009.

The interviewing officer should ensure that the intended interviewee is comfortable and able to proceed with the interview.

The interviewing officer will without delay and in the presence of the interviewee unwrap two new audio tapes and load them into the recorder.

There are two tapes used at every interview, at the end of the interview tape ‘A’ the master tape, is sealed and signed by the interviewee, the officer and any witness present and tape ‘B’ is used to produce a transcript of the tape. For security purposes the tapes will be numbered and logged in a register.

The tape machine is then switched on. The officer is to inform the interviewee that the interview is being taped. On commencing the interview the interviewing officer will:

* Give his name and rank place of work.
        * Other officer/s present will also give their name rank and place of work.
        * The interviewing officer will ask the interviewee to confirm their name, address and date of birth.
        * Any other persons present at the interview (e.g. solicitor, Appropriate Adult, Interpreter) will be asked to confirm their name and title, and in the case of a legal representative the name of the firm or partnership.
        * In the event that there are no other persons present, the interviewee will be asked to confirm this.
        * The officer will announce the date and time the interview commenced and the location of where the interview is taking place.
        * The interviewee is to be told that at the end of the interview that he/she will be given details of what happened to the tapes.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bill Me Later in April 2009.

First I was given a set of Java questions which was to check the problem solving and java fundamentals.
    Then there was a phone interview followed by a skype interview (video chat). Though the position is for a J2EE developer, most of the questions are to test core java.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Timonium, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bill Me Later in February 2008.

They seemed to have no HR dept of their own but did everything through Sudina Search. The phone interview went OK, but it was kind of difficult because the guy leading it had a heavy accent and one of the people involved was working from home and the connection was not great. I was interested in going there because I knew someone I used to work with and like was now there, but unfortunately the other people didn't seem nice like that guy was. I found the work environment depressing despite seeing a foosball table. It was quiet, no one was really smiling, the office decor was grey and bland, and I saw a couple of people cruising the web. The interview process took 5 hours which was rough and a lot of that was spent waiting (wasting time) for people. I had to wait over an hour to meet with the CIO. By then it was 5:30 in the evening and most of the people were gone. That kind of ticked me off...I almost felt like leaving before talking to him. The building itself seemed OK but due to the location of the building and a major busy intersection it took me almost 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot. In the end I backed out of the hiring process because I did not think I would be happy there.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a question about a computer monitor not working and suggestions for what the problem may be.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bill Me Later.

The process consisted of one HR interview, 4 interviews on the phone and then 4 onsite interviews of 30 minutes each

Interview Questions
    • Most vague question - If you had the job for a few days how would you handle it and what do you think any perception gaps might be??   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bill Me Later in January 2011.

recruiter contacted, submitted me to employer, they scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bill Me Later? Contribute to the Community!