Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Program Assistant (7)
- Program Coordinator (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Senior Program Officer (3)
- Associate Program Officer (2)
- IT (2)
- Program Officer (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Grants Administrator (2)
- Grants Manager (1)
- Research Assistant (1)
- Communications Officer (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Deputy Director (1)
- Business Systems Analyst (1)
- PO (1)
- IT - Business Analyst (1)
- Associate Program Officer Global Health (1)
- APO (1)
- Senior Program Officer Global Development (1)
- Associate Program Officer, Global Development (1)
- Program Coordinator Temporary (1)
- Operations Assistant (1)
- Intern (1)
- IT Support (1)
- Graduate Intern (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Business Partner (1)
16 people found this helpful
Associate Program Officer Global Health Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in February 2010.
Initial phone screen by HR, then a phone screen by the hiring manager, then a long day 8+ hours of 1:1 interviews. It was exhausting.
The foundation tends to hire on skills rather than issue knowledge, at least for the Policy and Advocacy Groups. If you can tell compelling stories that demonstrate those skills while peppering in some Global Health or Global Development knowledge, you will be better served than trying to play up yourself as a subject matter expert.
- Tell me about a time when you were able to change someone's mind on a particular issue. Answer Question
At the foundation it's difficult to negotiate salaries for any title Program Officer and below. This would also include Associate Program Officer, Program Coordinator, and Program Assistant.
With titles like Senior Program Officer, Deputy Director, and Director, there's much more ability to negotiate.