Interviews for Top Jobs at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Program Assistant (8)
- Program Coordinator (3)
- Senior Program Officer (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Grants Administrator (2)
- Associate Program Officer (2)
- IT (2)
- Program Officer (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- PO (1)
- Senior Program Officer, Global Health (1)
- IT - Business Analyst (1)
- Associate Program Officer Global Health (1)
- APO (1)
- Senior Program Officer Global Development (1)
- Associate Program Officer, Global Development (1)
- Program Coordinator Temporary (1)
- Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Operations Assistant (1)
- Intern (1)
- IT Support (1)
- Graduate Intern (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Business Partner (1)
- Grants Manager (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- Research Assistant (1)
- Communications Officer (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Deputy Director (1)
Deputy Director Interview
The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.
* Contacted by a recruiter.
* 1:1 phone interview with recruiter.
*1:1 interview with Gates HR recruiter.
*1:1 phone interview with Director.
* Series of in person interviews with 6 staff members.
The campus is absolutely awesome. It is LEED certified gold. The work space is open and only the higher levels have closed office space. However, there are a lot of Focus Rooms where you can go to work. They have a great cafe in a beautiful atrium. There is a coffee bar and a great selection of food. All food is organic. However it's not particularly cheap.
The people, hit or miss. Seems like the average age is 28-38. There are a ton of folks who were at Starbucks or Microsoft.
- What can you offer our team, which is already staffed with experts? Answer Question
The relocation package was stellar, but they increased the signing bonus after reconsidering the impact on our family.
* Relocation includes:
- corporate housing (domestic location usually includes 30 days; international relocation varies. also your level of hire impacts if you eceive relocation coverate)
- signing bonus (amount varies and seems to be negotiable)
- moving (packing and unpacking, as well as 30 days storage)
- week long trip with the family to Seattle (includes airfare, hotel stay, costs during stay)
- school consultant (if you have children to relocate) and reloaction agent (real estate agent)