Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
www.gatesfoundation.org Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Grants Administrator Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Oct 29, 2013

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grants Administrator Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in May 2012.

Interview Details – After submission of my application online it took about two weeks for a recruiter to reach out to me. After initial contact I went through two phone interviews and was then invited to Seattle for a full day of interviews. This took a full 8 hour day and consisted of 6 interviews 1 hour each. Some were 1:1 and others were 2:1. Each interview was different depending on the person. Some has specific questions, some wanted to talk through my experience. Overall just being at the Foundation for 8 hours was a little overwhelming. The interviews were pretty normal.

Interview Question – clearly no one had read my resume or even cared about it. I had spell out everything that was already included on the resume, as well as the items you generally discuss. Make no assumption that any preliminary effort was made before each interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They changed hiring managers in the middle of the recruitment process. The first hiring manager had discussed a higher salary plus relocation, upon actual offer they offered substantially less with no relocation. After over a week of going back and forth they increased the salary a bit (not to the original offer ranger) and paid for relocation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Grants Administrator Interview

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email advising a request for a phone interview. On the phone interview the recruiter immediately set my expectations that they are reviewing several candidates and that any information would not be relayed to me for a few weeks. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of general resume questions and scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Worked for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation? Contribute to the Community!

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Videos

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – Why Work for Us?

We are inspired by the mission, All Lives Have Equal Value, and compelled by the opportunity to make an impact -- before, during, and after our time at the foundation. Experienced, and highly engaged, we set… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Grants Administrator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation employees and interview candidates.