Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Grants Administrator Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in May 2012.

After submission of my application online it took about two weeks for a recruiter to reach out to me. After initial contact I went through two phone interviews and was then invited to Seattle for a full day of interviews. This took a full 8 hour day and consisted of 6 interviews 1 hour each. Some were 1:1 and others were 2:1. Each interview was different depending on the person. Some has specific questions, some wanted to talk through my experience. Overall just being at the Foundation for 8 hours was a little overwhelming. The interviews were pretty normal.

Interview Questions
  • clearly no one had read my resume or even cared about it. I had spell out everything that was already included on the resume, as well as the items you generally discuss. Make no assumption that any preliminary effort was made before each interview.   Answer Question
They changed hiring managers in the middle of the recruitment process. The first hiring manager had discussed a higher salary plus relocation, upon actual offer they offered substantially less with no relocation. After over a week of going back and forth they increased the salary a bit (not to the original offer ranger) and paid for relocation.

Other Interview Reviews for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in October 2011.

I received an email advising a request for a phone interview. On the phone interview the recruiter immediately set my expectations that they are reviewing several candidates and that any information would not be relayed to me for a few weeks. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of general resume questions and scenario questions.

Interview Questions