1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in May 2010.

I responded to an internal university posting for a graduate research assistantship at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The announcement asked for a resume, cover letter, and a list of references. Two weeks after the closing date of the announcement, I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview. The HR representative disclosed that it would be a panel of three interviewers, and that the interview should take approximately one hour. I wore a suit and brought copies of my resume, along with a pad of paper and a writing utensil. The questions were scripted, with some room for follow-up questions, as necessary. As anticipated, the interview took about one hour. I was contacted one week later, being informed that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself professionally in five years?   Answer Question