Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Senior Program Officer Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in November 2012.

Applied online August 2012. Received first phone call 3 months later from hr recruiter for first screen. She spent the precious interview time to discourage me to pursue the process since I mentioned I had another opportunity coming soon. She was supposed to contact me back to answer some questions but she never followed up. I learned online I was not selected...never ha'd opportunity to discuss my interest or background. If you want to get a chance to reach the hiring manager....consider to lie on your current working status.

Interview Questions
  • Not expecting to have to deal with a purely administrative question.... The interview was supposed to review my credentials and interest.... I had to deal with unprofessional hr staff.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in March 2008.

applied on line. screened by phone. invited to Seattle for full day of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't really a hard question. it was just that the day was long and it consisted of many back to back interviews. I had to be able to be fresh and repeat information about myself in each interview. hard to stay perky.   Answer Question
    added approximately $10,000 to annual salary through negotiations, but it was challenging. needed concrete comparisons because they have a firm line about what comparable salaries look like.

Senior Program Officer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Two months after submitting my resume, I received an email on a Friday that the HR recruiter wanted to talk to me on Monday. Our 30 minute conversation lasted over an hour. Very ordinary interview with no difficult questions. He said he'd get back to me in two weeks and I was welcome to inquire via email in the meantime. I reached out at three weeks and it took him a week to respond.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation? Contribute to the Community!