Billabong Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.3

Retail Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Billabong in December 2014.

Interview

The overall interview was amazing! The manager was very personable but professional. The interview questions were the standard approach but also peppered in a few about the kind of employee you might possibly be. It takes about a week for them to get back to you regarding the status of employment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is based on experience. But they do have a sliding scale.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Billabong (Irvine, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very casual, 2 stage interview process. No phone interview for this entry level postion. Met with manager the 1st round, and the VP the 2nd round. Typical interview questions: How do you handle stress? Tell me how your experience makes you qualified for this position? What are your strengths/weaknesses? No oddball questions or curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three adjectives you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table and notified the hiring manager. The decision process was ultimately sped up because I was able to leverage my other pending offer.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

6 Interviews, Very Professional. Entire process took 1 week

Interview Questions

• How can you make people beneath you not get mad at you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The entire process was just see how much of an outgoing individual you are. Like asking you about your life and completely outlandish questions about your favorite pizza toppings and why and request to sing them the "happy birthday" song. It was fantastic and a good way to steer away those that wont necessarily be the best on the sales floor in a sea of customers.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about cookie dough ice cream?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Billabong (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied in stores and was called about a week later. I went in and had an interview with one of the managers, which consisted about talking about what was challenging about your previous jobs, your personal traits, and why you want to work at Billabong. He told me there would be a set of two interviews and that he would call me if I had a second interview. I received a call later that night telling me for a second interview two days later. I went in and this one was more difficult, they basically asked me the same question over and over again reworded differently that made the situation difficult. She told me she would call if I got the job and unfortunately never got a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

It seemed to be your typical interview. However, not very extensive (not to expected with this position anyhow). The questions they ask and conversation that takes place I felt gave a false sense of interest in the individual.

Interview Questions

• How could I use psychology in this work environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Very brief, the manager took my resume and spoke with me very quickly about the job and then asked questions based on my resume about my past experiences. Since I had very little experience I couldn't offer much.

Art Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hood River, OR

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Billabong (Hood River, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

Never given one,told I wasn't qualified without being given a chance to show my portfolio or given a pathway to what I needed to become qualified.The manager I asked was very snotty about the whole thing,talking down to me because they assumed I was a mindless grunt,not even taking 5 minutes to check out my skillset or background or web portfolio,much of which had been making me a solid income online in my spare time.The person they hired was fresh out of art school and had no work ethic and really didn't have the talent to ever fulfill the work load,quit after a few short months.

Interview Questions

• did I have a 4 year art degree   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Billabong (Orlando, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I had one interview, It was one of my easiest. They were looking for people who weren't afraid to talk and be open and sociable. They made me do a mock sale on post it notes and why would anybody want to buy them.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult questions, what was unexpected was the post it note sale.   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Dalles, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Billabong (The Dalles, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

Seemed like they judged me before even talking to me or finding anything out about my skillset,when talking to current employees about payscale and lack of raises for 2 or 3 years my interest vanished

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in trouble with the law or had any violence problems   1 Answer
    • can you pass a drug test?   1 Answer

Low pay!!!!!