Billabong Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 8, 2014
10 interviews

2.3

Customer Service Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Billabong in August 2008.

it was very easy just asked simple situational question, what your best traits are stuff like that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me what are your best traits?   View Answer
    there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The entire process was just see how much of an outgoing individual you are. Like asking you about your life and completely outlandish questions about your favorite pizza toppings and why and request to sing them the "happy birthday" song. It was fantastic and a good way to steer away those that wont necessarily be the best on the sales floor in a sea of customers.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about cookie dough ice cream?   View Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  The Dalles, OR
    Anonymous Employee in The Dalles, OR

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Billabong in October 2010.

Seemed like they judged me before even talking to me or finding anything out about my skillset,when talking to current employees about payscale and lack of raises for 2 or 3 years my interest vanished

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in trouble with the law or had any violence problems   View Answer
    • can you pass a drug test?   View Answer

Low pay!!!!!

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Billabong in September 2010.

I had two interviews, the second of which included speaking with the CFO. I also had to take an online skills test. The environment is very casual and the interview process was relatively painless.

Interview Questions
    • The online skills test was the most difficult part of the process.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation and I was taking a significant pay cut. I really needed the job and I was aware that there was competition for the position, so I took it anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Billabong in October 2010.

I had one interview, It was one of my easiest. They were looking for people who weren't afraid to talk and be open and sociable. They made me do a mock sale on post it notes and why would anybody want to buy them.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't any difficult questions, what was unexpected was the post it note sale.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Billabong in January 2013.

6 Interviews, Very Professional. Entire process took 1 week

Interview Questions
    • How can you make people beneath you not get mad at you   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Billabong in April 2014.

Applied via Seek and got called the next week, offered an interview for 2 days later. Interview went for roughly 15 minutes and included generic "about you" questions, as well as questions relevant to the company and working requirements. Dealing with customers and how you would make sales was also included.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do if a customer didn't suit an item but asked for your opinion?"   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Billabong in September 2013.

Very casual, 2 stage interview process. No phone interview for this entry level postion. Met with manager the 1st round, and the VP the 2nd round. Typical interview questions: How do you handle stress? Tell me how your experience makes you qualified for this position? What are your strengths/weaknesses? No oddball questions or curveballs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three adjectives you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question
    I had another offer on the table and notified the hiring manager. The decision process was ultimately sped up because I was able to leverage my other pending offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Billabong in May 2011.

Very brief, the manager took my resume and spoke with me very quickly about the job and then asked questions based on my resume about my past experiences. Since I had very little experience I couldn't offer much.

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Billabong in June 2012.

I applied in stores and was called about a week later. I went in and had an interview with one of the managers, which consisted about talking about what was challenging about your previous jobs, your personal traits, and why you want to work at Billabong. He told me there would be a set of two interviews and that he would call me if I had a second interview. I received a call later that night telling me for a second interview two days later. I went in and this one was more difficult, they basically asked me the same question over and over again reworded differently that made the situation difficult. She told me she would call if I got the job and unfortunately never got a call.

Interview Questions

Worked for Billabong? Contribute to the Community!