Billabong

8 candidate interviews

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Billabong in January 2013.

Interview Details – 6 Interviews, Very Professional. Entire process took 1 week

Interview Question – How can you make people beneath you not get mad at you   Answer Question

Sales Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Billabong in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview, It was one of my easiest. They were looking for people who weren't afraid to talk and be open and sociable. They made me do a mock sale on post it notes and why would anybody want to buy them.

Interview Question – there wasn't any difficult questions, what was unexpected was the post it note sale.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Billabong in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the second of which included speaking with the CFO. I also had to take an online skills test. The environment is very casual and the interview process was relatively painless.

Interview Question – The online skills test was the most difficult part of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation and I was taking a significant pay cut. I really needed the job and I was aware that there was competition for the position, so I took it anyway.

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Billabong in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied in stores and was called about a week later. I went in and had an interview with one of the managers, which consisted about talking about what was challenging about your previous jobs, your personal traits, and why you want to work at Billabong. He told me there would be a set of two interviews and that he would call me if I had a second interview. I received a call later that night telling me for a second interview two days later. I went in and this one was more difficult, they basically asked me the same question over and over again reworded differently that made the situation difficult. She told me she would call if I got the job and unfortunately never got a call.

Interview Question – What other brands other than Billabong do we sell?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Billabong

Interview Details – The entire process was just see how much of an outgoing individual you are. Like asking you about your life and completely outlandish questions about your favorite pizza toppings and why and request to sing them the "happy birthday" song. It was fantastic and a good way to steer away those that wont necessarily be the best on the sales floor in a sea of customers.

Interview Question – What do you think about cookie dough ice cream?   View Answer

Sales Associate
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Billabong in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very brief, the manager took my resume and spoke with me very quickly about the job and then asked questions based on my resume about my past experiences. Since I had very little experience I couldn't offer much.

Interview Question – What did you enjoy about your past jobs?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

The Dalles, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Billabong in October 2010.

Interview Details – Seemed like they judged me before even talking to me or finding anything out about my skillset,when talking to current employees about payscale and lack of raises for 2 or 3 years my interest vanished

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in trouble with the law or had any violence problems   View Answer
  • can you pass a drug test?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Low pay!!!!!

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Billabong in August 2008.

Interview Details – it was very easy just asked simple situational question, what your best traits are stuff like that.

Interview Question – Describe to me what are your best traits?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Billabong? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Billabong interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Billabong employees and interview candidates.