Bimbo Bakeries

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews

Route Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details – Crazy long process. Sometimes can take up to 6 weeks to get everything done

Negotiation Details – Industry standard

El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details – I knew someone and that helped. I met with a depot manager for a brief interview and took a basic math skills test. After about a week I met with a very no nonsense HR manager at a depot in L.A. I sent a lot of time speaking about my managerial background which had nothing to do with the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – My thoughts on tardiness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation and poor communication between HR, management and about my start date.

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the local HR Manager concerning the position that led to a phone interview. Next was the phone interview about a week later. After about 2 weeks, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the plant manager who was very unassuming, but nevertheless deceiving....she smiles all the time, but don't fall for it. When the interview was over with the plant manager, I was evaluated over lunch by the entire management staff at the plant. After the first interview, I was called in for a second and it was confusing. The had decided to give me the job without me knowing and didn't want me to wear a suit, but didn't tell me. So when we went out on the floor I got flour and other ingredients on me. They were showing me videos on their process during it and I wasn't sure why since they didn't tell me that I had the job yet. It seemed very unorganized. About an hour later, they finally told me that I was being offered the job. The plant manager gave me a generic onboarding plan and said that we would go over it sometime......but it never happened the whole time I was employed.

Interview Question – "A union environment can be a difficult one to manage, so how would you deal with a difficult situation or employee on the floor?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation. The HR Manager and Plant Manager created a deal that was a little above what I made at my previous job in terms of monetary compensation. But, I was very disappointed with the amount of vacation time offered which was only a week. Previous employees were given 3 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Quality Systems Intern Interview

Quality Systems Intern
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2012.

Interview Details – First went through a phone interview and then was called in for a face to face interview. Neither were to difficult. Following the end of my interview I was very persistent in getting an answer. I think this could go either way for most people, but in my case it seems to have worked in my favor.

Interview Question – If I knew the history of the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Internship- no negotiation

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer
Huntington, WV

I applied online - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the position. got a call about 3 months later to come in for interview. Filled out a application and went and talked to maintenance manager. No major questions just ask me about what kind of work i did in the past asked could i pass drug screen did i have good transportation very laid back. ask me about working safe said the work alot in the summer months and get really busy the first warm day of the season. didnt hear anything for a month after the interview then got another interview for the same company as a Production planner they asked same questions then told me to call back middle of the week to check back with them. I called back they told me to come in and sign offer for Maintenance engineer position and take drug screen. no worries most laid back interview i ever had.

Interview Question – None really they did ask me a question in the planner interview about what my worst down fall is and what is your best at.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none pays really well and excellant benifits

Roseville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in March 2010.

Interview Details – One call. One interview. Lengthy background check, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time when attention to detail was most important?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union parameters. No negotiation.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in September 2009.

Interview Details – Application and Resume were submitted. The Interview was a 20 minute phone call. The only thing discussed was how messed up the impending location was and how they will be so happy if I can get it turned around. Probably the most informal interview I have ever attended.

Interview Question – How soon could you turn things around?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to ask for more money but the answer was NO. I then tried to ask for more vacation time than two weeks (I was bringing 18 years of experience to the future employer) and they said NO to that as well.

Financial Management Program Interview

Financial Management Program
Horsham, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited to interview with the company after applying through my university's career website. The first round consisted of two 30-minute back-to-back interviews, first one with an HR lady, second 2:1 with the company's CFO and another person from HR. Both interviews were mainly behavioral with maybe one or two easy questions related to finance.

Interview Questions

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from HR approximately 2-3 weeks later. Had phone screen with HR - easy questions (what do you know about BBU? Why do you want to work here? Comfortable with moving?).

Subsequently interviewed with hiring manager (few days later) - another easy interview (Tell me about your skill set? Comfortable with moving? Why do you want to leave?)

Finally flew out to plant location and met with Plant Manager and Hiring Manager. People were very friendly and seemed down-to-earth. Very easy, open-ended questions throughout the interviewing process. All about fit - no behavioral.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offer was pretty good but had to be improved in two areas. The company not only refused to make these changes, they responded by stating that they had rescinded the initial offer. No effort was made towards establishing a middle ground.

Despite having a favorable interviewing experience with Bimbo Bakeries, I could not see myself recommending a company that responds to counteroffers with what seem to be personal, rather than professional, reactions. I rank the overall interview experience as neutral (Negative with respect to the offer and positive with respect to the interview sessions).

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details – Worked my way up from the bottom, so initially didn't have an interview for operations supervisor. When being interviewed for a production operator position back in 1990 they asked why I wanted to work here, what kind of attendance they should expect and so on.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations because it's a union facility

Worked for Bimbo Bakeries? Contribute to the Community!