Bimbo Bakeries

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.6

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Crazy long process. Sometimes can take up to 6 weeks to get everything done

Industry standard

Quality Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2012.

First went through a phone interview and then was called in for a face to face interview. Neither were to difficult. Following the end of my interview I was very persistent in getting an answer. I think this could go either way for most people, but in my case it seems to have worked in my favor.

Internship- no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

I knew someone and that helped. I met with a depot manager for a brief interview and took a basic math skills test. After about a week I met with a very no nonsense HR manager at a depot in L.A. I sent a lot of time speaking about my managerial background which had nothing to do with the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation and poor communication between HR, management and about my start date.

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

I was first contacted by the local HR Manager concerning the position that led to a phone interview. Next was the phone interview about a week later. After about 2 weeks, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the plant manager who was very unassuming, but nevertheless deceiving....she smiles all the time, but don't fall for it. When the interview was over with the plant manager, I was evaluated over lunch by the entire management staff at the plant. After the first interview, I was called in for a second and it was confusing. The had decided to give me the job without me knowing and didn't want me to wear a suit, but didn't tell me. So when we went out on the floor I got flour and other ingredients on me. They were showing me videos on their process during it and I wasn't sure why since they didn't tell me that I had the job yet. It seemed very unorganized. About an hour later, they finally told me that I was being offered the job. The plant manager gave me a generic onboarding plan and said that we would go over it sometime......but it never happened the whole time I was employed.

Interview Questions
    • "A union environment can be a difficult one to manage, so how would you deal with a difficult situation or employee on the floor?"   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation. The HR Manager and Plant Manager created a deal that was a little above what I made at my previous job in terms of monetary compensation. But, I was very disappointed with the amount of vacation time offered which was only a week. Previous employees were given 3 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Township, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Township, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in September 2011.

I was interviewed by 4 women at one time. The interview lasted lest than 15 mins. They liked the fact that I looked like Santa Clause so they hired me.

There was no negotiations. It was a take it or leave it deal.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

You must apply on company website, They don't use recruiters. If you know someone inside, let them know after you did the internet application. They can help you in.
    Simple HR screening interview, one to one with Hiring Manger, quick salary offer 10 days

Interview Questions
    • Hours you will be at work and time at office unfair   View Answer
    no negotiation to salary, yes to car, computer, etc

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in September 2009.

Application and Resume were submitted. The Interview was a 20 minute phone call. The only thing discussed was how messed up the impending location was and how they will be so happy if I can get it turned around. Probably the most informal interview I have ever attended.

Interview Questions
    I tried to ask for more money but the answer was NO. I then tried to ask for more vacation time than two weeks (I was bringing 18 years of experience to the future employer) and they said NO to that as well.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied online – interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2013.

Applied for the position. got a call about 3 months later to come in for interview. Filled out a application and went and talked to maintenance manager. No major questions just ask me about what kind of work i did in the past asked could i pass drug screen did i have good transportation very laid back. ask me about working safe said the work alot in the summer months and get really busy the first warm day of the season. didnt hear anything for a month after the interview then got another interview for the same company as a Production planner they asked same questions then told me to call back middle of the week to check back with them. I called back they told me to come in and sign offer for Maintenance engineer position and take drug screen. no worries most laid back interview i ever had.

Interview Questions
    • None really they did ask me a question in the planner interview about what my worst down fall is and what is your best at.   View Answer
    none pays really well and excellant benifits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in March 2010.

One call. One interview. Lengthy background check, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when attention to detail was most important?   Answer Question
    Union parameters. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2014.

The company representative (manager) called almost immediately after I applied.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase in this case.