Bimbo Bakeries

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in October 2010.

Interview Details – the hiring is straight and to the point, do you think you can do the job. The job is more difficult than it appears. Long hours and you start at 3:00 a.m. in the morning.

Interview Question – People here do not call in sick ?   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Applied online. 2. HR Phone interview. 3. In-person interview with hiring manager and with Sr. manager at the same visit in separate sessions. Spent around 30min with hiring manager, and 40min with Sr. manager.

Interview Question – Questions were typical. Nothing unusual.   View Answer

Quality Systems Intern Interview

Quality Systems Intern
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2012.

Interview Details – First went through a phone interview and then was called in for a face to face interview. Neither were to difficult. Following the end of my interview I was very persistent in getting an answer. I think this could go either way for most people, but in my case it seems to have worked in my favor.

Interview Question – If I knew the history of the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Internship- no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Checker/Loader Interview

Checker/Loader

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in October 2010.

Interview Details – three different interview with different casule and formal

Interview Question – how can you make a difference in the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – union shop flate rate

Production Helper Interview

Production Helper
Hastings, NE

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in May 2013.

Interview Details – dont really remember but it seemed like basic simple questions at the time.
Pretty relaxed and easy going interview process just dont be a slob and im sure you will be ok.

Interview Question – dont remember   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2014.

Interview Details – The company representative (manager) called almost immediately after I applied.

Interview Question – No "typical" interview questions in my case.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase in this case.

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in March 2010.

Interview Details – One call. One interview. Lengthy background check, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time when attention to detail was most important?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union parameters. No negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details – Worked my way up from the bottom, so initially didn't have an interview for operations supervisor. When being interviewed for a production operator position back in 1990 they asked why I wanted to work here, what kind of attendance they should expect and so on.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations because it's a union facility

Capital Analyst Interview

Capital Analyst
Horsham, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview

Interview Question – Why you applied for a job with bimbo?   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the local HR Manager concerning the position that led to a phone interview. Next was the phone interview about a week later. After about 2 weeks, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the plant manager who was very unassuming, but nevertheless deceiving....she smiles all the time, but don't fall for it. When the interview was over with the plant manager, I was evaluated over lunch by the entire management staff at the plant. After the first interview, I was called in for a second and it was confusing. The had decided to give me the job without me knowing and didn't want me to wear a suit, but didn't tell me. So when we went out on the floor I got flour and other ingredients on me. They were showing me videos on their process during it and I wasn't sure why since they didn't tell me that I had the job yet. It seemed very unorganized. About an hour later, they finally told me that I was being offered the job. The plant manager gave me a generic onboarding plan and said that we would go over it sometime......but it never happened the whole time I was employed.

Interview Question – "A union environment can be a difficult one to manage, so how would you deal with a difficult situation or employee on the floor?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation. The HR Manager and Plant Manager created a deal that was a little above what I made at my previous job in terms of monetary compensation. But, I was very disappointed with the amount of vacation time offered which was only a week. Previous employees were given 3 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bimbo Bakeries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bimbo Bakeries interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bimbo Bakeries employees and interview candidates.