Bimbo Bakeries Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone screen with HR contact. The HR contact was really good and I felt like I made a good connection with him. After making it through the phone screen interview I was selected to talk to the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager was challenging in that he described his background in detail for 15 minutes. It seemed more like a monologue rather than an interview. After five minutes through that I figured I wouldn't want to work for the guy and went through the motions anyway. At the conclusion the manager said that he'd like to move me on to the next step (a lie). It came as no surprise that the following day I received an automated notice from the ATS that "Should your resume be selected for further consideration..." I thought I "winged" it enough to make it to the next step to at least have said "no" to them but not quite.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Formal interview with a couple people on the management team that review your resume and ask you questions. If they like what they hear and see they have you do a basic math test and then they do a background check on you. In all the process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in sales?   1 Answer

Quality Centers Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview due to a scheduling error and availability. A bit unorganized. The individual who I was scheduled to meet in person was the most rushed part of the in person interview and did not feel the focus was there or a fair assessment of my qualifications due to the rushed interview and time constraints.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application, took a few weeks to hear a response, phone interviewed and screened, interviewed in person, took an assessment test, passed test, completed a drug screen test, background check, another couple of weeks went by, was hired shortly after.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (Topeka, KS).

Interview

1st interview was with the Production Manager followed by an interview with the HR rep after which you'll be called in for an "offer letter" which you sign or walk from.

Interview Questions

• Very standard. Things like "Describe a time others looked to you for leadership" and "Name one thing that you feel you can consistently bring to our team, could be anything like a positive attitude a solid work ethic, etc."   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on the university website, the process took 2-3 weeks, I attended an information session one day prior to the interview. Next day I was interviewed by the HR team on the university campus, every thing that was asked was very basic and behavioral , I was not asked anything technical. I got a rejection email within two days, asked for some sort of feedback on why I was not selected. No reply from the HR.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview that asked my opinion on how to work through several business situations. I was granted a second face to face interview. I met with two levels of management as well as HR. The setting was semi-formal, however very laid back. I felt comfortable speaking with everyone involved.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very chill. It hardly felt like an interview. They just talked about your goals and where you want to be. They guy that interviewed with me was very nice and was a great listener.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to live and where do you want to be in the company?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (Orlando, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recruited off of the Enactus Carer Website (a Bimbo sponsored college organization that I am a part of). There was an initial phone screening with direct boss. Then a Skype interview with Plant Manager, Finance Manager, and Human Resources. I was then flown down for two days and did three in person interviews. Two of those interviews were 1:1 and the other was a panel of two.

Interview Questions

• The phone screening was more or less just a conversation to see if I liked the job; however, I don't feel initial phone screenings would be that causal in other circumstances with this company, but for me it was a plus! During the Skype interview HR asked 3-5 behavioral questions. Finance and Plant Manager mainly asked questions regarding my internships and how well I dealt with complex ever - changing environments. The in person interview I was asked a few problem solving questions. I interviewed with Plant Manager, Plant Engineer and Production Manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first big offer out of college, so I did not negotiate on salary. Looking back I most definitely had to opportunity to, I highly recommend negotiating with any offer unless it is outstandingly above and beyond what you asked of course! Even to negotiate 3-5K more but can make a huge difference in the long run.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries (Sacramento, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied at the bakery, then met with sales manager for interview. At the time, I was working for another bakery. So the sales manager checked with my customers, followed me working without my knowledge, and finally met with my wife in our home.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about working on your days off as well as holidays without any extra pay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent