Bimbo Bakeries

2.7

Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

I was first contacted by the local HR Manager concerning the position that led to a phone interview. Next was the phone interview about a week later. After about 2 weeks, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the plant manager who was very unassuming, but nevertheless deceiving....she smiles all the time, but don't fall for it. When the interview was over with the plant manager, I was evaluated over lunch by the entire management staff at the plant. After the first interview, I was called in for a second and it was confusing. The had decided to give me the job without me knowing and didn't want me to wear a suit, but didn't tell me. So when we went out on the floor I got flour and other ingredients on me. They were showing me videos on their process during it and I wasn't sure why since they didn't tell me that I had the job yet. It seemed very unorganized. About an hour later, they finally told me that I was being offered the job. The plant manager gave me a generic onboarding plan and said that we would go over it sometime......but it never happened the whole time I was employed.

Interview Questions
    • "A union environment can be a difficult one to manage, so how would you deal with a difficult situation or employee on the floor?"   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation. The HR Manager and Plant Manager created a deal that was a little above what I made at my previous job in terms of monetary compensation. But, I was very disappointed with the amount of vacation time offered which was only a week. Previous employees were given 3 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

I knew someone and that helped. I met with a depot manager for a brief interview and took a basic math skills test. After about a week I met with a very no nonsense HR manager at a depot in L.A. I sent a lot of time speaking about my managerial background which had nothing to do with the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation and poor communication between HR, management and about my start date.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

I have completed three online applications for different positions all W-2 jobs in product distribution. I am a very qualified candidate with over twenty years in the business. This company accepts online apps only, I have yet to receive any communication one way or the other on my application status. Logging into my account has shown a status of considering for the position. Still no communication until finally the job, upon inquiry, shows no longer available. I find this to be very unprofessional especially in this age of instant messageing

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied online - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2013.

Applied for the position. got a call about 3 months later to come in for interview. Filled out a application and went and talked to maintenance manager. No major questions just ask me about what kind of work i did in the past asked could i pass drug screen did i have good transportation very laid back. ask me about working safe said the work alot in the summer months and get really busy the first warm day of the season. didnt hear anything for a month after the interview then got another interview for the same company as a Production planner they asked same questions then told me to call back middle of the week to check back with them. I called back they told me to come in and sign offer for Maintenance engineer position and take drug screen. no worries most laid back interview i ever had.

Interview Questions
    • None really they did ask me a question in the planner interview about what my worst down fall is and what is your best at.   View Answer
    none pays really well and excellant benifits

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in November 2009.

Got to know someone.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkhart, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in August 2012.

Applied online, was sent a link to complete a weird word association survey. After that was passed, had to take an 8 hour long KEYS test. After that, had to take a mechanical knowledge test. After that had 3 rounds of back to back interviews with HR, plant manager, maintenance engineer, process engineer, resource leader.

Typical questions asked for standard interviews and and field specific interview. Testing was intense, but fun. Really helped to weed out the people that could not hack it.

Interview Questions
    Very fair based on testing results.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

It was a Friday and the exec leadership was wearing jeans...very casual...process in HR was lengthy...

short and deliberate

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in October 2011.

I was invited to interview with the company after applying through my university's career website. The first round consisted of two 30-minute back-to-back interviews, first one with an HR lady, second 2:1 with the company's CFO and another person from HR. Both interviews were mainly behavioral with maybe one or two easy questions related to finance.

Integrated Process Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in August 2011.

I applied online and got called about a week later. The interview process was smooth and pretty easy going. I got interviewed by 3 managers. They asked basic interview questions so just be prepared. It is not a hard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Having Industrial Engineering background, can you explain Kaizen and Lean manufacturing, and the benefits from utilizing these tools?   Answer Question
    • What steps do you take to analyze a process?   Answer Question