Bingham McCutchen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Very personable.

Negotiation

Simple.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

They conducted an on-campus interview first. The attorney was very warm and engaging, making the entire interview very smooth and effortless. At the callback the attorneys were all funny, distinguished, and energetic. Their office culture in the Northern California region is very fun and the attorneys seemed to love coming to work!

Interview Questions

• Discuss a litigation simulation case and your analysis style. The attorney was very nice, but it was just a random question that no other firm had brought up before. I handled it like a champ!   Answer Question

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

phone interview,

Interview Questions

• Describe the experience you have with scripting   1 Answer

Conflict Resolution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a few days later to set up an in person interview with the HR person and the conflicts attorney. The HR interview was one on one, and the conflicts part of the interview was two on one, very straight forward, friendly but a little stuffy and corporate.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about our website?   1 Answer

Associate Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied for an associate position with their D.C. office and referred by a friend. Was called for an interview with 2 partners and 1 senior associate two weeks after applying. Interview lasted for about 45 minutes. We talked about my background, about their practice group, and what they expected from the potential hire.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, all general interview questions on education, work history, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

A question and answer meeting. Was brought to firm by partner. It was basically a meeting where they went over their benefits and comparison to my form firm was done.

Interview Questions

• It was basically a meeting where they went over their benefits.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as I was brought to firm by a partner.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It really focused on my pedigree - they asked a lot about my school alumni affiliations, I guess to assess my potential to bring in new business. Lawyers aren't managers, they seemed to assume that if I went to X school and was selected to be interviewed, I must be qualified.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen in June 2010.

Interview

Interview arrangements were made through a temp agency. Interview was with the HR Manager and another legal secretary. Both of these individuals were very nice and personable. The interview was more of a conversation, with me doing most of the talking. Their questions were typical. The atmosphere was friendly and the other employees I came in contact with seemed to be happy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary offered, as it was acceptable.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen (Boston, MA) in April 2008.

Interview

The phone interview was first. Then I came in. I met with several directors involved with application development along with project managers and other developers. I also interviewed with HR. It all went very well. The interview was a long conversation with each person about me, them and the company. It is a great company to work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. We reached a place where we were all satisfied.

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bingham McCutchen in February 2011.

Interview

It was very relaxed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't get to that phase