Binghamton University

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Binghamton University.

The interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was to see if there was a passion among the applicants and if they knew what the position entails. The second round was to see your behavioral skills and it was a simple interview process

Student Ambassador Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Binghamton University.

Well, there wasn't actually an interviewing process since the position did not require a salary, rather, hands on experience with customer interaction. Basically they looked for vibrant personalities that were't afraid to hold a conversation with strangers in an intellectual manner.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

If you want to get into PODS then you need to visit PODS manager until you will not get call for the interview then interview process will be quite easy , question would be based on your academic background, some common technical questions related with computer.

Interview Questions
    • If you live off campus and if you don't have car then how would you manage to do midnight shift?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Binghamton University.

Submitted CV to committee chair first, then submitted full application on-line. A Skype interview (committee asked questions and I gave a 15-min research presentation), then a 1.5 day on-campus interview (standard processes, meet with faculty, chair, dean, associate dean, vice president, give a talk, lunch and interview with students).

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between industry-sponsored research and research sponsored by government agencies?   Answer Question
    The offer is quite standard and seems like no much room to negotiate.

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Binghamton University.

This was probably the smoothest interview experience I had during my entire job search. Travel, hotel, and meals were completely paid for, requiring no reimbursement. All the faculty and staff were very kind and friendly. And I also got a nice tour of the general area and the university.

Interview Questions
    • Although good questions were asked, I was well-prepared for the interview and knew my subject very well. I don't recall any questions I had a hard time with.   Answer Question
    I got most of the startup funding I wanted, but I couldn't negotiate for a higher salary.

Grader Interview

I think it went very well, so that is why i got the position ,I wanna tell you guys that this position is easy to get if you have good connection with your professors, on the other hand, you need to email secretary every once a week for the interview results.

Interview Questions
    • What was your specific role in the team project and how did you show your leadership skills?   Answer Question
    no pain, no gain!

IT Specialist Interview

Got an email for interview. The interview lasted for half an hour. The past experience played a big role . Questions on DOT NET, HTML, CSS, Java Script were asked.

Fixed Salary

Graduate Assistant Interview

The GA positions vary greatly by department. I got this one after a year of a TA position simply by filling out my department's standard application. There was no interview, and very little chance to differentiate myself from the field. I think that getting to know my advisor very well and explaining my abilities helped a lot.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Binghamton University in February 2012.

My adviser called me at that time. He asks me many questions about my courses I learned and my technique background. He asked me several questions on my working experience, related to project I finished. We discussed how to solve some engineering problems. At last, he asked me why I prefer a Ph.D. study. I told him I really want to do some innovative research to broaden my vision and have a deeper insight into my favorite field.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Binghamton University in September 2010.

panel interview. Typical meeting with panel of potential coworkers, and other interested parties. Strange that the position advertised was not the position that they were interviewing for and hiring. Advertised for designer when actual position was for a project manager.