Binghamton University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Binghamton University (Vestal, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was to see if there was a passion among the applicants and if they knew what the position entails. The second round was to see your behavioral skills and it was a simple interview process

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Binghamton University.

Interview

Well, there wasn't actually an interviewing process since the position did not require a salary, rather, hands on experience with customer interaction. Basically they looked for vibrant personalities that were't afraid to hold a conversation with strangers in an intellectual manner.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was in a conference room with a professional staff from the office and the then current graduate assistant. We spoke for 30-45 minutes. I was nervous for the interview but felt confident afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Your supervisor is new to the position, will you be able to act with out the support of someone who lacks the hands on experience?   1 Answer

Athletics Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 session process conducted in the Union. General interest interview in the 1st interview (Just do your homework and they will be impressed) and the 2nd was more behavioral and the questions were more geared to how I interacted with people. Was contacted by the hiring manager the day after the 2nd interview.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Interview

If you want to get into PODS then you need to visit PODS manager until you will not get call for the interview then interview process will be quite easy , question would be based on your academic background, some common technical questions related with computer.

Interview Questions

• If you live off campus and if you don't have car then how would you manage to do midnight shift?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Binghamton University.

Interview

Submitted CV to committee chair first, then submitted full application on-line. A Skype interview (committee asked questions and I gave a 15-min research presentation), then a 1.5 day on-campus interview (standard processes, meet with faculty, chair, dean, associate dean, vice president, give a talk, lunch and interview with students).

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between industry-sponsored research and research sponsored by government agencies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is quite standard and seems like no much room to negotiate.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Binghamton University.

Interview

This was probably the smoothest interview experience I had during my entire job search. Travel, hotel, and meals were completely paid for, requiring no reimbursement. All the faculty and staff were very kind and friendly. And I also got a nice tour of the general area and the university.

Interview Questions

• Although good questions were asked, I was well-prepared for the interview and knew my subject very well. I don't recall any questions I had a hard time with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got most of the startup funding I wanted, but I couldn't negotiate for a higher salary.

Grader Interview

Interview

I think it went very well, so that is why i got the position ,I wanna tell you guys that this position is easy to get if you have good connection with your professors, on the other hand, you need to email secretary every once a week for the interview results.

Interview Questions

• What was your specific role in the team project and how did you show your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no pain, no gain!

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

Got an email for interview. The interview lasted for half an hour. The past experience played a big role . Questions on DOT NET, HTML, CSS, Java Script were asked.

Negotiation

Fixed Salary

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

The GA positions vary greatly by department. I got this one after a year of a TA position simply by filling out my department's standard application. There was no interview, and very little chance to differentiate myself from the field. I think that getting to know my advisor very well and explaining my abilities helped a lot.

Interview Questions

• When do you expect to graduate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.