Bio-Rad Laboratories

Updated Nov 5, 2014

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories in October 2014.

what is your research experience and how you know bio rad. What you want to do in the future? Introduce their company architecture and what the current projects they are doing and the most difficult problems they met.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Hiring manager wasted my and my colleagues time and money. Being at the same company for over 10 years is not necessarily a good thing. It shows lack of motivation and failure to engage. HR sent emails of requirements which I completed. The links were incomplete and HR did not respond as they stated they would. First telephone interview the hiring manager blatantly asked my age. When I called him on it he said "it is not against the law".

Interview Questions
    • I loved this question after the hiring manager did not even get up to shake my hand or get off his computer, "what do you want to do when you grow up".   View Answer

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

I had about 2 days worth of interviews. The interviews were held with a range of people, including HR, the hiring manager, corporate communications manager, division manager, and last, a marketing manager.

Interview Questions
    • I had to review an entire journal and critique every advertisement in it.   View Answer

Scientist, R&D Department, QC Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Received 1st phone interview directly from (future) supervisor. Received in person interview (1.5h scheduled with 30 mins for immediate supervisor, HR, and 2nd level supervisor). Interview lasted 2-fold longer than scheduled. Felt very positive after I left. A week later. Offered position after a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. eg. why Bio-Rad, what am I looking for in a career, what I expect out of the job.   View Answer
    Told them, "I am willing to get paid whatever you believe is reasonable"

Fas Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Phone screen, followed by on-site interview
    Hired followed by on-site orientation and training

Interview Questions
    • what's the most unexpected challenge did you have?   View Answer
    not much room for negotiation

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Typical hiring process. Interview with Regional Manager and local reps. Then once they "approve" they will recommend to fly out to California to interview with senior management. Interview with Product Managers, Marketing managers, US Sales Manager. All appear to show interest in who they hire.

Interview Questions
    • What was last book you read and what relevance does it have in your life today?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hercules, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hercules, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Phone interviews with 7 members of the management team as well as HR. A full day of face to face interviews and then a presentation to senior management.

The process was relatively smooth. The decision was a little delayed.

Interview Questions
    • What do you hope to achieve in the next 6 months.   View Answer
    Tough negotiation, the HR policies are pretty strict and little room was given to operate.

Engineering I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interviewed for the Digital Biology Center in Pleasanton. First screened by phone, asked basic knowledge questions (i.e. What is PCR, How does it work?) then asked to come in for an onsite interview. Hiring Manager and another engineer gave me a two part interview. First was a standard Behavioral/Resume based interview and the second part was a practical interview that tested your basic lab knowledge. Was told I did very well and booked for a final HR Screening.

HR Screening never happened, called back later to find out the position had been put on hold.

Interview Questions
    • The practical was the most unexpected part. It was fun and refreshing to actually do though.   View Answer

Software Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Very simple and straightforward. I was asked about previous work experience. All questions were generic rather than technical. A lot of : "How would you deal with..."

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Application to final interview took five months. Made it through two phone interviews (HR recruiter and regional FSE manager) to obtain a face to face. Three Field Service Engineers travelled to my city for the final interviews. Scheduled interview was 1.5 hours long.

Interview Questions
    • How is your health? Pertaining to ability to travel.   View Answer