Bio-Rad Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter and then the manager reached out to me for a phone interview that was done in a two day window. The interview was set up the following week, met with 6 people for 3 hours. It has been a little over a week and no word, which is frustrating.

Interview Questions

• How familiar I was using SAP in regards to NPD   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Benicia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

3.5 hour process. Met with the Director, Manager and HR. Three candidate to choose from, 1 internal 2 external. They chose the internal candidate. I had to follow up the interviewer which forwarded my e-mail off the to recruitment department, which relayed the decision to me.Five days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years.   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process lasted for about two months. The phone screen was with the team members. followed by a detailed in person interview that lasted for 6 hours. I met with 7 people. The interviewers were friendly and welcoming. They gave a good detailed idea about the company, group and role. There was little delay in scheduling the in person call and getting responses back from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Explain work done in the past, situation based questions about problem solving, goals for next 5 and 10 years, strengths, weakness, questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager took about 30-45 min. Was called back for an on site interview the following week. On site interview took about 2 hours, met with hiring manager (from phone screen), manager from an adjacent dept, and a woman from HR. Hiring manager asked me many questions regarding statistical analysis. He also asked what I wanted to do "when I grow up," which seemed somewhat condescending. The other manager was very friendly and spoke as if I had already gotten the job. The woman from HR was friendly enough, but appeared doubtful about my potential employment.

Overall, it was an average experience as far as interviewing went. I was, however, disappointed in the lack of professionalism they showed following the interview. I was told I would hear back by the end of the following week and did not. I followed up with a voicemail and email, and did not receive a response. I don't think a short email back is too much to ask considering the amount of time they (and I) spent discussing this position.

Interview Questions

• All questions related to stats: basic stuff (mean, median, SD) to CV (coefficient of variation) and Gaussian distribution (bell curve) and other concepts   Answer Question
    • What is EQAS?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a customer complaint?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

There were 2 steps: phone interview and all day on-site interview. Phone interview was brief, they need to know if you can troubleshoot and if you can work in a team environment to help customers. The on-site interview is all day, meeting with all the members of the specific tech support group and management.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hercules, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Hercules, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via 3rd party recruiter on LinkedIn and had a phone screen. After that I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very conversational and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position? Have you worked with products like ours before?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Was scouted by a recruiting firm hired by BioRad. Had several phone calls before being brought in to interview with members of team and then finally by head of team. Questions were mostly long winded and confusing hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If someone you needed help from or an answer from was not responding to your requests, what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

what is your research experience and how you know bio rad. What you want to do in the future? Introduce their company architecture and what the current projects they are doing and the most difficult problems they met.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

Hiring manager wasted my and my colleagues time and money. Being at the same company for over 10 years is not necessarily a good thing. It shows lack of motivation and failure to engage. HR sent emails of requirements which I completed. The links were incomplete and HR did not respond as they stated they would. First telephone interview the hiring manager blatantly asked my age. When I called him on it he said "it is not against the law".

Interview Questions

• I loved this question after the hiring manager did not even get up to shake my hand or get off his computer, "what do you want to do when you grow up".   1 Answer

R&D Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online. One month later, HR contacted me to fill out a questionnaire for the positions that I had applied for. The questionnaire requested more in-depth explanations on candidate experiences and qualifications. One month later, microfluidic/senior engineers contacted me for a phone interview. I received an offer in less than 24 hours and was given under 12 hours to accept or take the offer.

Tips for the interview: Be yourself, have fun, think carefully about your responses, deliever strong examples that answer the questions concisely, do research on the company and its technology, review the interviewer's LinkedIn profile