Bio-Rad Laboratories Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.8

Service Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

2 interviews. Second interview I was asked to do a presentation on what I hoped to achieve in the next 6 months. Both interviews were with 3-5 people present. The questions were unclear and difficult to gauge what answers they were looking for. It was all very vague and disorganized. I felt that they weren't being straight with me and avoided direct answers to any questions I raised.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle under performers and difficult characters. It became obvious later that the team I would join was in a real mess and that I was expected to sack people at their request and carry the blame. This was their only solution and they were not willing to address the organizational issues that were causing the majority of the problems.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a good salary and benefits - however a company car was part of the package but they were unwilling to reveal what the car options were or how the scheme was run. They evaded the question because if worked out that they did not give you any option and that you were just assigned a car that the fleet manager felt like giving you. I left an 2.2 Audi A4 behind in my old job for a 1.4 Nissan Qaishqui. Once you joined there was zero negotiation - you were stuck with it.

Field Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

2 interviews. First with direct manager and HR, second with Senior manager, manager and HR

Interview Questions

• Asking how I would work with collegues that were failing in their job but were not reporting to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered what they said on the ad and that was acceptable. However they offered a car policy which did not exist and was jsut given a car that was available. The car policy sucks big time.