BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.8

Accounting Interview

Interview

I interviewed with everyone from the immediate hiring manager all the way up to the CFO. The interview process lasted 1/2 the day - at least 1/2 hr per interviewee.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

One of the most professional interviews/company ever. Applied months prior to being called saying that they were interested in setting up a phone interview, they covered the position/company then sent me an reminder email for the determined time and day. The 2nd call came in a few hours before the actually phone interview as a reminder call to check if I was still OK or wanted to reschedule. The 3rd call (Actually phone interview) came in which lasted about 20 minutes which we talked about resume, school, resume stuff and more about the position/company. The 4th call came a few days later which they said they were interested in meeting me, asked if i had any additional question(pay $21-25 hr based on experience+slight OT pay) and scheduled the day. Got a email a week later at 12 am with the final schedule- 5 groups of 2- 2.5 hr.

I drove up to the bay area, at the site two other people were there for the same position they broke us up into different rooms. I ended up meeting with 6 of 10 supervisors( it was around holiday time) who were very nice, professional, friendly, and considerate people, They asked pre-written questions and wrote stuff. They rotated every 30 mint between me and each asked if I wanted water or a small brake.I felt good after, but Its been 3+ weeks and no phone call or email but overall a great company with a very dedicated and respectful workforce.

Interview Questions

• most questions were the same since they each wanted to know your background.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

The interview process is thorough. You meet with everyone in the legal department. If you make it past the first round which takes half a day then you meet with the GC.

Interview Questions

• They ask very specific questions about prior job experience.   Answer Question

Pay rate

Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Applied through the bmrn.com website. Heard back from HR a few months later with an invitation to have a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Phone interview consisted of the hiring manager explaining the position and what they were looking for. Also asked about availability and previous, relevant work experience.

Two weeks to a month later I was offered an in-person interview, with all travel and accommodations paid for.

In person interview was a superday consisting of several hour long interviews with scientists and directors in the department, a tour of their site in Novato, and a free lunch with potential coworkers.

Interviewers asked about previous work experience, and asked personality questions to get to better know how I operated. I didn't feel the interview was too difficult, but I came prepared.

Interview Questions

• Explain a problem you encountered in your past career experience and discuss how you came to a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Aimed high. Got everything I wanted and more.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Got the interview from a career fair at my University. Consisted of 3 20-minute interviews with 3 panels of 2 people each. They went over what they do, and asked which department seemed like the best fit for me. Asked about my hobbies, my interested, and how that all would relate to my work at the company.

Senior Manager, Data Architecture & Corporate Reporting Interview

Application

Interview

I've applied for BI Architect position online and I was contacted after a month or so for telephone interview. After clearing the telephone interview, I was scheduled for onsite interview with 6 - 7 people. Received the offer after clearing all these steps

Negotiation

It was not that difficult. We had some flexibility built into the negotiations

Manufacturing Associate/Technician - Temp Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in October 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call asking to set up at time for a phone interview. I had the phone interview. Questions were a set of predetermined questions, mostly about my experience. Then a month went by until an in person interview at the company was set up. The whole process took about 4 hours. Meet with all the different supervisors. they brought in predetermined questions to ask me where they wrote stuff down from what i said.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. After a month, got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was supposed to be contacted by HR for an on-site interview sometime a week later. Since I hadn't heard back in that week, I thought I wasn't chosen. Was surprised to get a call back about five week later asking to schedule for an on-site panel interview. Interview was about 2 and half hours long. I felt like some of the supervisors didn't care to interview me or was just disinterested. A lot of the same questions were asked so it was hard to come up with different answers, so I pretty gave the same answer. It's been more than three weeks and haven't heard back from HR- no rejection or offer as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a company policy you disagree with and what did you do.   Answer Question

Research Associate II (Temp) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very positive experience. Can tell that everyone loved working there. Very bright and easy going people that made you feel comfortable. Almost all day interview with lunch. 4 different groups all asked about my past experience so had to repeat my story 4 times.

Interview Questions

• If you can only do 1 task in the lab all day what would you pick to do?   Answer Question

Overall better offer from another job.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position via a hiring agency. Within a week I had the phone interview with the manager and was offered a on-site second interview on the spot. They were looking to fill the position ASAP so the whole process was very quick. Both interviews were very informal and mainly focused on seeing if I would be a good fit for the company. I really enjoyed the interview and the team was very positive about the work they do and their work life.
    Only downside was that after the second interview it seemed as if I was going to be given an offer -- the manager talked about HR and how long it would take me to get all set up. I had to wait for almost two weeks to hear back from the staffing agency to notify me I did not get the job. According them another senior candidate had an inside referral and was given the position.

Interview Questions

• Your 5 years plan -- if you're like me and plan on leaving to get higher education (MS PhD) I recommend emphasizing that it's way down the road.   Answer Question