BioMarin Pharmaceutical

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.8

Manufacturing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Got the interview from a career fair at my University. Consisted of 3 20-minute interviews with 3 panels of 2 people each. They went over what they do, and asked which department seemed like the best fit for me. Asked about my hobbies, my interested, and how that all would relate to my work at the company.

Senior Manager, Data Architecture & Corporate Reporting Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

I've applied for BI Architect position online and I was contacted after a month or so for telephone interview. After clearing the telephone interview, I was scheduled for onsite interview with 6 - 7 people. Received the offer after clearing all these steps

It was not that difficult. We had some flexibility built into the negotiations

Manufacturing Associate/Technician - Temp Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in October 2014.

I received a phone call asking to set up at time for a phone interview. I had the phone interview. Questions were a set of predetermined questions, mostly about my experience. Then a month went by until an in person interview at the company was set up. The whole process took about 4 hours. Meet with all the different supervisors. they brought in predetermined questions to ask me where they wrote stuff down from what i said.

Research Associate II (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in September 2014.

Very positive experience. Can tell that everyone loved working there. Very bright and easy going people that made you feel comfortable. Almost all day interview with lunch. 4 different groups all asked about my past experience so had to repeat my story 4 times.

Interview Questions
    • If you can only do 1 task in the lab all day what would you pick to do?   Answer Question

Overall better offer from another job.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

The interview process was pretty standard, about 6 groups with about two people each asking questions about experience, what you would do in certain situations, and any skill sets you have.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions seemed to be giving multiple examples to the same questions.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in June 2014.

I have met more than 8 people, they were all very respectful and professional. It was not difficult at all if you know what are you doing. The HR conducted everything and I came in from across state. Hiring manager was very understanding. It was a great experience.

Smooth

Associate Director MAO Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in May 2014.

1. There are obviously no processes in place to address the departure of ONE recruiter such that the open positions for which said recruiter was responsible, and those candidates that were in the process, did not "fall through the cracks".

2. Rather than be responsible and professional and admit that you have 'dropped the ball' and apologize for devaluing a candidate's time, (BioMarin) offered UNACCEPTABLE excuses ("It's summertime and we take vacations and then there are holidays too") as to why they 'dropped the ball', while a candidate waited for weeks in complete silence assuming as anyone would, that she did not get the position. Thinking that I had not been selected, as many companies do not extend the common courtesy of a status update, I continued my active search for employment.

3. If BioMarin thinks so little of me as a candidate, why would they treat me any differently as an employee? How do they treat their clients? Is this any indication of how they conduct business?

It would behoove BioMarin and all other companies for that matter, to reevaluate their current beliefs about the hiring process. That is to say, because I am a candidate seeking employment, that does not mean that I am desperate for employment or at any disadvantage. When a candidate is invited for an interview, you and your colleagues will be poised and ready to ask many questions with the intent of gathering information to assess whether or not they are a good fit for the position. Candidates would be wise to ask their own questions for the same reason, to assess whether or not the position, the company and its culture, are a best fit for them. And a face to face interview is the perfect forum for a candidate to gather information on how they would be treated as an employee by simply paying attention to how they are treated during the hiring process. In short, the interview process is a two way street with mutual respect and courtesy extended.

In short, this company's conduct after the face to face and prior to extending an offer was unprofessional and disrespectful.

see the previous dialogue

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in April 2014.

I applied online through an employee referral. Hr contacted me with a phone interview then invited me on site for a 2.5 hr interview process for 4 panels, 9 people. The questions were straight forward and they just asked for me to elaborate on my resume. The experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Most bizarre question was: "Out of all the windows operating systems, which one is your favorite?"   Answer Question

Analyst I (Temp, Contract to Hire) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in March 2014.

Got an interview through a recruiter. First had an interview with manufacturing, but missed out on the opportunity to someone else. The interview panel at manufacturing liked me and sent my information to other departments. A couple weeks later, I was invited in for another in-person interview for a QC Analyst job.

The interview took place over two hours. I met with four groups of 5-6 people each, and each group interviewed me. The questions were pretty straightforward; mostly explaining stuff on my resume in more detail and tying it all to the job I was applying for. Some behavioral questions as well, to see if I would be a good fit for the group. Not everyone on the panel asks questions, some just sit there while the most senior members do the talking. The panel also talks about the job responsibilities, giving a good opportunity for you to show how you can take on these responsibilities.

For the most part, the interview process was very relaxed, as this was just an entry-level position. But make sure you're prepared; do your research on the position and the company. It's hard to land an interview without a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the responsibilities that you had at this job   View Answer
    N/A - Temp position with hourly wage, done by recruiter

Senior Procurement Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical in March 2014.

I had a phone interview with the line manager. it turned out the advertised description of the position was 90% untrue which surprised me immensely. 30% of work were supposed to be PO creation. Manager was not able to say what the rest would be.