BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA).

Interview

Multiple individual interviews with potential colleagues and senior management. People were affable. Seemed like they wanted capable workers who would fit in, not an exact fit for the job description. I liked everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had my resume submitted to the company. A couple of days later I was told I had a phone interview.In the phone interview, the person I was to report to on the job asked me some questions and told me they would contact me within the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a little about yourself. What would you do if work became to stressful? What is your greatest weakness? Do you have experience troubleshooting or developing an assay?   Answer Question

Manufacture Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then on campus interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes. and face interview was 1.5 hrs broken into 3 sections and 3 different people for each time slot. Weren't many technical questions. Asked mostly what was on my resume and any experience with bioreactors and working in a lab.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by several sets of 2 interviewers. Some of them asked relatively different questions, but there was a bit of overlap. Definitely prepare for the "general interview questions", such as why you want to work at BioMarin, list your strengths and weaknesses, etc. None of the questions are really going to be curve balls, if you've ever had a job interview before expect it to be a lot like that. Assuming that you are actually okay with tough physical labor, I would find a way to emphasize that you are willing work hard. The job will involve a lot more physical labor than most fresh-out-of-college, early 20s life science majors are used to... and the interviewers are acutely aware of this.

Interview Questions

• Talk about experience at previous job.   1 Answer

Research Associate II (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very positive experience. Can tell that everyone loved working there. Very bright and easy going people that made you feel comfortable. Almost all day interview with lunch. 4 different groups all asked about my past experience so had to repeat my story 4 times.

Interview Questions

• If you can only do 1 task in the lab all day what would you pick to do?   Answer Question

Overall better offer from another job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online to one position and had a phone screening with the hiring manager. Turns out I wasn't a good fit for that position, but he referred me to his colleague. I had an initial informational with that hiring manager, and then was brought in for 7 interviews: hiring manager (Associate Director), Sr. Director, VP, peer, and others in different departments that I would be working closely with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you XYZ (a direct reference to an example on my resume)   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I have met more than 8 people, they were all very respectful and professional. It was not difficult at all if you know what are you doing. The HR conducted everything and I came in from across state. Hiring manager was very understanding. It was a great experience.

Negotiation

Smooth

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. Hr contacted me with a phone interview then invited me on site for a 2.5 hr interview process for 4 panels, 9 people. The questions were straight forward and they just asked for me to elaborate on my resume. The experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Most bizarre question was: "Out of all the windows operating systems, which one is your favorite?"   Answer Question

Analyst I (Temp, Contract to Hire) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Got an interview through a recruiter. First had an interview with manufacturing, but missed out on the opportunity to someone else. The interview panel at manufacturing liked me and sent my information to other departments. A couple weeks later, I was invited in for another in-person interview for a QC Analyst job. The interview took place over two hours. I met with four groups of 5-6 people each, and each group interviewed me. The questions were pretty straightforward; mostly explaining stuff on my resume in more detail and tying it all to the job I was applying for. Some behavioral questions as well, to see if I would be a good fit for the group. Not everyone on the panel asks questions, some just sit there while the most senior members do the talking. The panel also talks about the job responsibilities, giving a good opportunity for you to show how you can take on these responsibilities. For the most part, the interview process was very relaxed, as this was just an entry-level position. But make sure you're prepared; do your research on the position and the company. It's hard to land an interview without a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Explain the responsibilities that you had at this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A - Temp position with hourly wage, done by recruiter

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward. HR emailed me to schedule a in person interview. There was no phone screen by the hiring manager. Most employees who interviewed were quite nice but ill prepared for the interview. The process was pretty disorganized.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Most of the interview were related to how my previous employer accomplished tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was easy and straight forward.