BioMed Realty

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at BioMed Realty

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BioMed Realty.

Interviewed with four different people on the team, senior accountant, accounting manager, controller and HR director. Interview questions were surprisingly very easy. Very basic, non technical questions. Hiring managers were friendly and laid back for the most part. The interview experience was positive despite not getting an offer. I think it was mutually accepted that it just wasn't a good culture fit.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BioMed Realty in May 2014.

Super Day. Round Robin with Associates, Senior Analysts, and VP. Not the easiest thing but definitely manageable. Need to know a lot about the company, competitors, and the space they occupy. The REIT industry is large so be comfortable with major REIT companies especially in the life-science real estate space (maybe healthcare too). All in all, you will be fine so long as you prepare and understand the industry (cliche but true).

Interview Questions
    • Multitude of Financial aptitude questions, career goals, some curve ball academic finance questions, etc. not bad   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BioMed Realty in April 2013.

Received a call from HR to schedule an interview the following week and was informed that it would be face to face. Approximately 4 days prior to the interview, I was informed that it would be a phone interview with HR.

The phone interview with HR was fairly straight forward and in a conversational manner. Once completed, we scheduled a time to meet with one of the hiring managers the following week. That interview went very well and again was in a conversational manner. We discussed my management style and experience along with how I would handle various situations when the direct supervisor would not be available to answer questions or concerns regarding assigned projects.

Upon completion of the face to face interview, HR came in and informed me of the next steps of the process and said they would be in touch with me within the week. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary or overly complex.   View Answer