Bioanalytical Systems

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bioanalytical Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview: just ask some basic c++ questions and OOP

Interview Question – not very difficult, just some normal questions   Answer Question

Bioanalysis Intern Interview

West Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bioanalytical Systems in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired from my phone interview so was never exposed to the onsite interview. The conversation was very professional but also relaxed. Usually the phone interview is followed by a 4 hour onsite interview with multiple employees from different levels of management.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was concerning difficulties with coworkers in previous jobs. While my answer was somewhat abstract, the interviewer followed and was very receptive to my response.   Answer Question

Lab Technician II Interview

McMinnville, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bioanalytical Systems in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview: to test skills, personality, and match for position (30min)
Interview with upper management: two people; was asked general skill info as well as standard interview questions--
1) Tell us about yourself
2) Weaknesses/Strengths
3) Skills set-- in some detail
4) Prior experience
5) What do you think about the area (test to see if thinking about long-term commitment)
Interview with panels: Four sets of people-- the other lab techs, the analysts, the Pirmary investigators, and QC/QA folks-- anyone who wanted to come, but never more than four or five people at a time.
Pretty easy questions from the panels-- they were mostly checking for compatibility with other employees (i.e. friendliness, and communication)
Was offered (and accepted job) a week or so later.
Overall a terrific experience (but they were terrific people and I loved working for them-- so that is no surprise).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was done by a third party. It was probably a bit low of an offer, but the company was on a tight budget (they later "restructured" that branch).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bioanalytical Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bioanalytical Systems interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bioanalytical Systems employees and interview candidates.