Biogen Idec

Updated Feb 5, 2015

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Biogen Idec.

The interview process was brief, round robin style with 4 managers and 4 interview candidates, 15 mins with each manager. Be able to elaborate on anything you put on your resume, examples of skill use and definitions of processes. The interviewing managers were all very nice and professional but two of them had poker faces the entire time and were very intimidating. They seemed to appreciate my positivity and enthusiasm, the other candidates were quiet with no expressions and seemed scared, I don't think they made it. Overall positive experience. Questions were fair and not meant to be tricky. Have questions to ask for each person! From application to interview took 2 weeks, from interview to offer took 1 week, from offer to first day took 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Biogen?
      Define what being a leader means to you.

Answer Question
    Asked for relocation assistance but was denied. Accepted anyways.

Associate Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Biogen Idec.

Applied online and received a response within 4 days. Was contacted by a talent acquisition manager to schedule time for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was about 30 minutes, half of the time spent answering their questions and half of the time asking questions. The questions were pretty typical of a phone screening (start off by telling me about yourself, why this position, why Biogen Idec).

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be your biggest challenge in the position?   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Biogen Idec.

Met the hiring manager at a job fair. Was contacted by HR to come in for three in-person interviews with the hiring manager and members of the team. The entire process took a very, very long time (almost two months). I received several other offers during that time and eventually had to call HR to tell them that even though I wanted to work there, I needed to let the other companies know I had accepted another offer. I received the written offer via overnight mail two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was "which famous person, dead or alive, would you like to have dinner with?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my vacation and tuition for my current semester of graduate school

Associate Scientist III Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Biogen Idec.

When I interviewed the company was still a start up before being acquired by biogen, not a formal interview process at the time. Interview was fairly simple and stress free. Interview was a total of 2 hours. Met with all employees in the group, hiring manager and VP. I was hired that day.

Manufacturing Associate Contact Position Interview

Interview went well, all the questions being answered very well organized, they looked very positive to me but haven't got any response yet. They asked me all about my past job.

Interview Questions
    • What type of problem have you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Associate Director Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Biogen Idec in December 2014.

This was a lengthy process that stretched over 4 months. The company had issues defining the position and determining their requirements. Each step of the process was marked by long delays..weeks between phone screens and in person interviewing. In the end an offer was not extended but I was not notified until a note from me prodding the hiring manager and HR resulted in an apology for the lack of response and noting that they had decided "to move in a different direction". Otherwise I'd never have heard back from them. The company was disrespectful of my time and was unprofessional in not telling me of their decision in a timely manner.

Companies have a responsibility to treat candidates as they would personally hope to be treated. Biogen failed in this regard. This shouldn't be acceptable behavior. If you can't clearly define a position, interview candidates within a reasonable period, and get back to them in a timely manner then you shouldn't be posting the position.

Universal Patient Service Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Biogen Idec in October 2014.

I applied online.
    Shortly after, received a call from A talent acquistion rep and had a brief phone interview basically asking Why do you want to work here and why would you be a good fit.
    Then got scheduled for an in-person interview (which was 1 week in advance).
    The interview (2-personal panel) was 90% behavioral (i studied from the 8 interview questions stated on here, and none of those were asked), then about 10% of it was "why do you want to work here and why would you be a good fit." The interview lasted 30 minutes. No assessment/IT tests were taken.
    I got a telephone call from Recruitment 4 hours after my interview "checking on how my interview went". Due to a Phone tag situation, I finally spoke to someone 2 days later who offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a patient with a long term illness.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you approach people differently/flexibility based on who they are/their rank.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your skills fell short and what did you do?   Answer Question
    no negotiation as I felt the starting wage was very fair.

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Biogen Idec in September 2014.

Phone screen, one-day marathon F2F interview. Challenging role, meaningful dialogue with most interviewers. Liked everyone with whom I spoke. Appreciated the mission, challenges. Everyone was gracious during our time together. Black hole. No contact since interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to the role, which was new to Biogen Idec. Was very comfortable with their line of questioning.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Biogen Idec in September 2014.

I got the interview call, at Biogen Idec, for the manufacturing associate position through a staffing agency about 2 months after my application was submitted. It was a round robin interview. I was interviewed by four managers from different departments of manufacturing. Each manager spent 15 minutes with the candidate. Since I was fresh graduate with no work experience, their primary focus was whether I would be able to function in a team setting. I had done several projects in a group setting at school. Their main question and concern was if there were any conflicts among the group members (and yes there were) and whether we were able to resolve them (yes we were). The managers explained about the role of their departments and asked questions related to my academic background and experience relevant to biomanufacturing. Only one of the managers asked technical questions. Got the job offer the next day.

Know your resume word by word. Have an explanation for everything listed on your resume. Highlight your skills and show an interest in learning new skills. I do not have any experience in purification, when asked by one of the managers I told him that I never had the chance to work on downstream but I am eager to acquire the skill set.

Interview Questions
    • If a deviation occurs supervisor, manager and VP require an explanation as a part of the process. How would you handle?   View Answer

Area Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Biogen Idec.

This interview had to be the most odd interview that I have ever had. I had a phone screen and then flew out of state for the first face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What were you like as a child? What was your fav subject in elementary school? Who was your fav teacher in elementary school? What did you like about him/her? What activities were you involved in at high school? Why did you choose the positions and career path that you chose?   Answer Question