Biogen Idec Interview Questions

3.1

Area Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Biogen Idec.

This interview had to be the most odd interview that I have ever had. I had a phone screen and then flew out of state for the first face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What were you like as a child? What was your fav subject in elementary school? Who was your fav teacher in elementary school? What did you like about him/her? What activities were you involved in at high school? Why did you choose the positions and career path that you chose?   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Biogen Idec in August 2014.

A recruiter called and set up a phone interview. It was scheduled for 3 days later which was about 10 mins. He asked about my background and how do you solve problems with customers. Then HR called and scheduled a face to face interview which latest about 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • what do you do when you have a problem with technology?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Biogen Idec.

Easy if you know someone. Otherwise they drill you a lot to select the best candidate. People are nice and friendly. Most of them internationals if you are into sciences. They will explain the requirement very well. So you will go in with some understanding of what is expected from you.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Biogen Idec.

Initial phone screen followed by an on site visit/interview. The phone screen was handled by a human resources member who asked mainly all non technical questions. Very polite and friendly

Interview Questions
    • On the phone the most difficult question is the standard strength/weaknesses question   Answer Question

Senior Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Biogen Idec in June 2014.

I arrived half an hour early to make sure I got there on time. I wanted to freshen up after commuting an hour by public transportation and walking in the rain. Security refused to let me use a rest room and two of them chatted and joked around rather than one of them letting me use the restroom. The people interviewing me were all late due to the rain. I never received an itinerary and didn't know with whom I would be meeting. The first one to arrive took me to the wrong conference room (unbeknownst to me until later). Once she left, I was supposed to call the next person to interview me since he was not coming in to the office. While I was on the call, a group of people who had reserved the conference room came in and asked me to leave. The whole thing was an unpleasant mess.

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Biogen Idec in June 2014.

I applied on line and got contacted a week later and the interview process took 3 weeks. It was a phone interview by one the HR rep. She only asked a couple questions and she seemed to be in a hurry. After a couple weeks, I still did not get a response from the HR.

Interview Questions
    • The HR asked a question about any achievements that could be related to the position that I applied for.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Biogen Idec.

Initial interview conducted by phone. Quick follow up to set up first round interviews. Again, quick turnaround to bring back for additional round of interviews and meeting broader team. Talent lead maintained good follow up communications. Very quick follow up. However, at point of final decision, never followed through or provided final decision communication, or any feedback. This seemed inconsistent with what was initially laid out in terms of expectations, and a very specific date was provided at the last live contact as well. Given extraordinary strength of interest and positive feedback throughout process from multiple people, odd.

Interview Questions
    • How to source people for subsequent roles within organization   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Biogen Idec.

First interview was completed by a third party with standard behavioral based interview questions. Then a second interview was conducted in person by two supervisors with similar style questioning. Both supervisors were personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations took place. It was my first job out of college.

Scientist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Biogen Idec.

Day consisted of a 1 hour presentation of my previous research work and 5-6 half hour interviews. I was expected to ask many questions in the one-on-one interviews. Interviewers arrived with my resume in hand, but seemed to be more interested in having a conversation than asking challenging questions. I was expected to have a very firm handle on the job description. The earlier phone interview was largely to describe the position. Multiple applicants for this job were interviewed within 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    Offer was quite fair when compared to local market. I was unable to push the salary offer, but I was offered a very comprehensive relocation package.

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Biogen Idec.

3 rounds with presentation