Biola

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.8

Social Media Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Biola in August 2013.

I found the position through Biola Classifieds. I sent in my resume by email and received a reply shortly after. It was during summer, and the person interviewing me was very flexible with the fact that I couldn't do an in-person interview (as I did not live locally). He conducted a phone interview, which was somewhat generic and then gave me a "homework" assignment to provide him with sample work for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Posed a question regarding an upcoming event and asked how I would make it more popular   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Biola.

Comfortable interview and hiring process; supportive interviewer and HR staff; easy to get access to Blackboard, email, faculty links and student information.

Admissions Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Biola in May 2012.

Was invited via snail mail to a group interview, given some materials to read, and provided with a parking pass. Entire interview was with a group of about 8 other applicants and 7 people on the panel, ranging from other Admissions Staff, Marketing personnel, and HR. Was asked hypothetical questions about what we would do if a certain admissions scenario were to happen. Also worked in groups to prepare individual presentations on even more scenarios. Presented individually, then went into a Q&A session for the hiring panel. Lastly, we were asked to rate ourselves and answer short questions as well as reply to a prospective students' "controversial" letter.

Interview Questions
    • On the spot question regarding hypothetical scenario on applicant who does not agree with certain portions of the school's standards.   View Answer

Was offered another position with better pay, but was very regretful at the same time because of the great work atmosphere Biola is known for.

Campus Safety Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Biola in December 2010.

Sent in a resume, went through an interview with two officers and then had a meeting with the Cheif

Interview Questions
    It was really straightforward.

Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Biola in November 2009.

After following up with Campus Safety via email several times, the lady in charge of dispatch finally got back to me and invited me in for a skills test. I had to memorize as many details as I could in 3 minutes of a dispatch report of three different disturbances on campus, and then take a test that quizzed specific details from the reports. I was also presented with different scenarios and asked how I would dispatch different units in response. Not much you can do to prepare for it. Several days later I was asked to come in for an interview with two staff members - it was relatively low-key and standard. I was told which day I should hear back from them about whether or not I got the job; they did not contact me, so several days later I went in in person to ask about it. The lady would not even respond to me in person, but sent the secretary back out to tell me to check my email. That night I got a form email saying I didn't get the job with a little note that basically said "oops, forgot to email you."

After that, I requested via email constructive feedback or reasoning on why I did not get the job, but the lady heading up that department refused to respond.

Student IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Biola in January 2009.

Submitted application through Student Union. Interviewed with manager and one full time worker. Was hired for interim.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Biola in February 2008.

Multiple phone interviews with HR and subsequently the IT department, followed by an in-person interview. It's a private Christian school, so all employees must make a statement of faith (part of the HR interview).

The department interview was fairly standard - I was the sole interviewee and it was performed by 2 managers. The process was professional, and I was made to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked about past experience. There were no technical "What would you do if..." questions.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate about an increase in salary, but was politely told that it was a hard limit.

Librarian Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Biola in August 2009.

one on one, then skills test that took about 20 min.