Biolife Plasma Services

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Master Plasma Center Technician Interview

Master Plasma Center Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

Interview Details – It took 4+ weeks for the process. The phone interview was vague. But I got a chance to visit the center and got two more sit down face to face interviews. It was relaxed and easy. I felt like I wanted what they wanted for the company

Interview Question – What kind of animal do you see yourself most like   View Answers (3)

Plasma Center Tech/Trainer Interview

Clarksburg, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly comprehensive. A lot of questions were asked because of the strict regulation in the industry. My advice is to show up for the interview a few minutes early, appear eager, have a list of questions to ask the manager so you have a clear understanding of what is expected.

Interview Question – I believe a question was asked about experience in a regulated industry and of course knowledge of HIPAA   View Answer

Center Supervisor Interview

Center Supervisor
Dubuque, IA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in July 2009.

Interview Details – This consisted of one meeting with the plasma center manager and a current center supervisor. Initially, I applied online (Monster.com) and received a call just under 4 weeks later from a fellow plasma center supervisor at this site. I was asked to come in to speak to the center manager on a mutually agreeable date. I arrived early and sat in the waiting area with fellow donor customers for 40 minutes before I had to go to the information desk and ask that the center manager be paged again.

Interview Question – The interview was interrupted several times by knocks on the door and phone calls that the manager would take freely. There were no real "curve ball" questions. She just wanted to know how soon I could start after asking me about my experience working with the public and with employees. I asked several questions about the culture and was told that there were several young people that required constant "re-direction" and occasional feedback.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a call offering me the position roughly 10 days following the interview after I called to see if the position had been filled. I was told that the maximum starting salary was 13.00 per hour but my first check revealed more than this.

Center Supervisor Interview

Janesville, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

Interview Details – In-person interview with center manager; telephone interview with regional manager
Was not given an accurate picture of what the job responsibilities would be
Was not informed about the long hours on a constantly rotating schedule

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not carry out your employer's instructions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated higher salary offer

Independence, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, called about two weeks later. Received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted to set up a 1:1 interview a few days later. The 1:1 took about an hour, interviewed with 2 different members of management. One focused on the regulations, rules, company policies, and stressed the attendance policy over and over. The next was a bit more laid back, and was very young. Very thorough interview process. Both interviewers provided great knowledge about the company, the position,the processes involved, and even use for plasma. I learned a lot.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. I knew what their pay range was for this position, and accepted what they offered.

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in December 2011.

Interview Details – Called me for a quick phone interview to see why I was interested in working for Biolife. Then they invited me to a 1:1 interview which was about 15 questions. It was a behavioral interview. Very easy, low stress interview. They called me back several weeks later to offer me a position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you implemented an idea at work.   Answer Question

Plasma Center Technician

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Assistant Manager (I got bonus points for answering courteously, not being distracted by kids, tv's etc and not having a ringback tone during the interview: I was told this after I was hired). She asked a couple of general questions, was I still interested etc. She then set up a phone interview. I was to call her, this allowed her to tell whether or not I was punctual for the phone interview. she went over my responses to the online application questions and delved further into my responses, clarified my salary expectations and asked general questions about my past positions in the field and informed me of the process should I get a call back for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview followed a few days later. It was semi formal (business casual, standard interview questions: how do you handle a customer/donor complaint? past experience in this field? personal strengths? personal weaknesses? what do you see as your biggest challenge with this job and how do you plan to overcome it? Bonus points for being able to tell the interviewer about Biolife as a company and more bonus points if you investigate Baxter, the parent company.) My interviewer used this time to tell me more about the position and the plasma center in general, the job pace, the requirements, the scheduling requirements. Then I was given a walk through of the various areas of the center and a description of the processes that take place in them.

My interviewer was clear, kind, and very good about detailing the next steps in the interview/hiring process. She was really good about giving me information about the position and company (though I am not sure if this can be said about those that hire across the board (I only had to entry level hire once ;)

A couple of days later I got a phone call with the official offer of the position. That day I went in for my drug test and physical capability/ medical review with the center nurse.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about Biolife and/or Baxter our parent company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Biolife Plasma Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biolife Plasma Services interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Biolife Plasma Services employees and interview candidates.