Biolife Plasma Services

2.8

Phlebotomist/Medical Screener Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

It took 3-4 weeks after submitting application before receiving interview. The interview was very young and obviously new managers reading off a list of scripted questions. No personality. Conversation did not flow. A few moral questions were asked but mostly focused on past work history. They do not care about phlebotomy certs or experience as they prefer to train you themselves.They said position paid $11/hr with immediate benefits. I interviewed on a Tuesday and was told I would get word (hired or not) the following Monday. 3 weeks went by. ..I called to follow up and was told they were still finalizing decisions and gave me a second deadline. Another 2 weeks past that and I followed up again! The manager was slightly shocked and confused that I had not heard word as the position had been filled, and he stated that emails should have been sent to each applicant. Overall, it seemed very disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst job you've worked and why?

When have you gone above and beyond expectations in a job?

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in March 2014.

The questions asked during the interview are intended to evaluate your ethical and moral courage than your ability to do the daily tasks of the job. They believe you can train a person to do the task, but you cannot teach someone to be ethic. They are looking for real life examples of times that you had to make difficult decisions, have an uncomfortable conversation with a Supervisor or co-worker pertaining to their own work performance etc. You must have specific stories and examples, general statements about what you think you would do in those situations will not be good enough.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you saw a co-worker doing something unethical. How did you handle it? What response did you get in return?   View Answer

Master Plasma Center Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

It took 4+ weeks for the process. The phone interview was vague. But I got a chance to visit the center and got two more sit down face to face interviews. It was relaxed and easy. I felt like I wanted what they wanted for the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in January 2014.

Just your standard interview. "Why do you want to work here? What qualifications do you have?" They are mostly trying to determine if you're capable of showing up on time, being able to handle monotonous work loads, and can do it with a good attitude. After the interview, if you are decided to be a good fit, you will receive a call offering you the job. It's a nice place to start your career.

Interview Questions
    • I think I was asked a question regarding ethical integrity.   Answer Question
    N/A. Hourly rate was posted in job description.

Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

In-person interview with center manager; telephone interview with regional manager
    Was not given an accurate picture of what the job responsibilities would be
    Was not informed about the long hours on a constantly rotating schedule

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not carry out your employer's instructions   Answer Question
    negotiated higher salary offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in July 2012.

Applied online, called about two weeks later. Received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted to set up a 1:1 interview a few days later. The 1:1 took about an hour, interviewed with 2 different members of management. One focused on the regulations, rules, company policies, and stressed the attendance policy over and over. The next was a bit more laid back, and was very young. Very thorough interview process. Both interviewers provided great knowledge about the company, the position,the processes involved, and even use for plasma. I learned a lot.

Interview Questions
    There was none. I knew what their pay range was for this position, and accepted what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in December 2011.

Called me for a quick phone interview to see why I was interested in working for Biolife. Then they invited me to a 1:1 interview which was about 15 questions. It was a behavioral interview. Very easy, low stress interview. They called me back several weeks later to offer me a position.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in March 2011.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. There is an initial phone interview which lasted roughly 10 min. Then a face to face with assistant manager. After about 3 days got a call back to interview one more time with an assistant manager.

Didnt negotiate

Medical Supervisor-lpn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in December 2010.

Very thorough.. 2 interviews in person.phone interview.. Staff friendly supervisors understanding.I liked that one of the other medical supervisors interviewed the incoming prospective nurse.The medical supervisor explained what I would be doing as a Nurse/Medical Supervisor.. What was expected from me.How the daily flow goes.etc

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   View Answer
    I was asked what i expected for start pay..

Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in July 2009.

This consisted of one meeting with the plasma center manager and a current center supervisor. Initially, I applied online (Monster.com) and received a call just under 4 weeks later from a fellow plasma center supervisor at this site. I was asked to come in to speak to the center manager on a mutually agreeable date. I arrived early and sat in the waiting area with fellow donor customers for 40 minutes before I had to go to the information desk and ask that the center manager be paged again.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was interrupted several times by knocks on the door and phone calls that the manager would take freely. There were no real "curve ball" questions. She just wanted to know how soon I could start after asking me about my experience working with the public and with employees. I asked several questions about the culture and was told that there were several young people that required constant "re-direction" and occasional feedback.   Answer Question
    There was a call offering me the position roughly 10 days following the interview after I called to see if the position had been filled. I was told that the maximum starting salary was 13.00 per hour but my first check revealed more than this.