Biolife Plasma Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.7

Senior Plasma Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Saint George, UT).

Interview

I had applied online and was called in for an in person interview. I was offered a job within a week of interviewing. The whole application and interview process was pretty painless. The questions asked were very similar to questions I have been asked when interviewing with retail stores for a retail associate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation at a job and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations about salary. They basically told me what my hourly wage was when they offered me a position.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

Interview

I applied online. I went through two interviews, both in person. First interview was the regular interview: "Why do you want to work here, what are your skills, how good are your customer service skills?" First interview ended with company pay and benefits for the position and also a tour of the BioLife facility. Second interview is your ethics and moral interview. They want to see if you can handle working with customers or donors as they call it and do it with a professional and positive attitude. The process took about 4 months for me to get an offer. After all is done, you set up a drug screening and background check yourself via email.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

Interview

I had three separate interviews plus a phone interview at first. Starting with a center supervisor, going up next to assistant manager and Ending with the center manager. After I went through each round then the Center Manager offered me a job right on the spot. Next you have to set up physical and drug test both done at strange places.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Moorhead, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long but didn't really feel like it. It was just a fun interview. They asked the basic interview questions one would hear at any other interview and then they walk you though the center to look at the plasma process. In special cases, if the hiring manager is present and it's a slow day, you'll go right to your second interview. The second interview view goes over the benefits the company has in store for you and what limits you have if you get hired. Biolife gives full-time benefits to part-time employees so that was a plus for me. When they offered me the position on Monday morning, I was enthusiastic to finally be employed by a loyal company. A mandatory and thorough drug, health, and back ground check are all required within 3 days of accepting the offer. Be prepared! After all comes back negative and able then you are officially a Biolife employee. If you're allergic to latex or clean supplies, don't accept the offer. This will save you from heartbreak later.

Interview Questions

• What is your current strengths in the workplace?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in February 2015.

Interview

They did a small interview over the phone, then asked me to come in for a personal interview the next day. I interviewed with the Manager and he went over the job description, hourly pay, expected hours, and other general information. He then scheduled me for a second interview with the Hiring Manager. She asked a lot of questions on ethics (8 questions or so) then said that she liked me and wanted to hire me. I was hired on spot, and had to try on some scrubs to find out which size would fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you realized a problem and acted on it before anyone else noticed it; How did that impact your experience with your job after you fixed the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was set-in-stone; however, I negotiated being trained with the New-Donor Information which is an extra $1 an hour.

Phlebotomist/Medical Screener Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Kokomo, IN).

Interview

It took 3-4 weeks after submitting application before receiving interview. The interview was very young and obviously new managers reading off a list of scripted questions. No personality. Conversation did not flow. A few moral questions were asked but mostly focused on past work history. They do not care about phlebotomy certs or experience as they prefer to train you themselves.They said position paid $11/hr with immediate benefits. I interviewed on a Tuesday and was told I would get word (hired or not) the following Monday. 3 weeks went by. ..I called to follow up and was told they were still finalizing decisions and gave me a second deadline. Another 2 weeks past that and I followed up again! The manager was slightly shocked and confused that I had not heard word as the position had been filled, and he stated that emails should have been sent to each applicant. Overall, it seemed very disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst job you've worked and why? When have you gone above and beyond expectations in a job?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Sheboygan, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

The questions asked during the interview are intended to evaluate your ethical and moral courage than your ability to do the daily tasks of the job. They believe you can train a person to do the task, but you cannot teach someone to be ethic. They are looking for real life examples of times that you had to make difficult decisions, have an uncomfortable conversation with a Supervisor or co-worker pertaining to their own work performance etc. You must have specific stories and examples, general statements about what you think you would do in those situations will not be good enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you saw a co-worker doing something unethical. How did you handle it? What response did you get in return?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

Interview

It took 4+ weeks for the process. The phone interview was vague. But I got a chance to visit the center and got two more sit down face to face interviews. It was relaxed and easy. I felt like I wanted what they wanted for the company

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal do you see yourself most like   3 Answers

Plasma Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Greensboro, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Just your standard interview. "Why do you want to work here? What qualifications do you have?" They are mostly trying to determine if you're capable of showing up on time, being able to handle monotonous work loads, and can do it with a good attitude. After the interview, if you are decided to be a good fit, you will receive a call offering you the job. It's a nice place to start your career.

Interview Questions

• I think I was asked a question regarding ethical integrity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A. Hourly rate was posted in job description.

Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Janesville, WI).

Interview

In-person interview with center manager; telephone interview with regional manager Was not given an accurate picture of what the job responsibilities would be Was not informed about the long hours on a constantly rotating schedule

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not carry out your employer's instructions   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiated higher salary offer