Biolife Plasma Services

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in March 2014.

The questions asked during the interview are intended to evaluate your ethical and moral courage than your ability to do the daily tasks of the job. They believe you can train a person to do the task, but you cannot teach someone to be ethic. They are looking for real life examples of times that you had to make difficult decisions, have an uncomfortable conversation with a Supervisor or co-worker pertaining to their own work performance etc. You must have specific stories and examples, general statements about what you think you would do in those situations will not be good enough.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you saw a co-worker doing something unethical. How did you handle it? What response did you get in return?   View Answer

Plasma Center Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in June 2008.

I got a call from the Assistant Manager (I got bonus points for answering courteously, not being distracted by kids, tv's etc and not having a ringback tone during the interview: I was told this after I was hired). She asked a couple of general questions, was I still interested etc. She then set up a phone interview. I was to call her, this allowed her to tell whether or not I was punctual for the phone interview. she went over my responses to the online application questions and delved further into my responses, clarified my salary expectations and asked general questions about my past positions in the field and informed me of the process should I get a call back for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview followed a few days later. It was semi formal (business casual, standard interview questions: how do you handle a customer/donor complaint? past experience in this field? personal strengths? personal weaknesses? what do you see as your biggest challenge with this job and how do you plan to overcome it? Bonus points for being able to tell the interviewer about Biolife as a company and more bonus points if you investigate Baxter, the parent company.) My interviewer used this time to tell me more about the position and the plasma center in general, the job pace, the requirements, the scheduling requirements. Then I was given a walk through of the various areas of the center and a description of the processes that take place in them.

My interviewer was clear, kind, and very good about detailing the next steps in the interview/hiring process. She was really good about giving me information about the position and company (though I am not sure if this can be said about those that hire across the board (I only had to entry level hire once ;)

A couple of days later I got a phone call with the official offer of the position. That day I went in for my drug test and physical capability/ medical review with the center nurse.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about Biolife and/or Baxter our parent company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in July 2012.

Applied online, called about two weeks later. Received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted to set up a 1:1 interview a few days later. The 1:1 took about an hour, interviewed with 2 different members of management. One focused on the regulations, rules, company policies, and stressed the attendance policy over and over. The next was a bit more laid back, and was very young. Very thorough interview process. Both interviewers provided great knowledge about the company, the position,the processes involved, and even use for plasma. I learned a lot.

Interview Questions
    There was none. I knew what their pay range was for this position, and accepted what they offered.

Plasma Center Tech/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarksburg, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in June 2009.

The interview was fairly comprehensive. A lot of questions were asked because of the strict regulation in the industry. My advice is to show up for the interview a few minutes early, appear eager, have a list of questions to ask the manager so you have a clear understanding of what is expected.

Interview Questions
    • I believe a question was asked about experience in a regulated industry and of course knowledge of HIPAA   View Answer

Medical Supervisor-lpn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in December 2010.

Very thorough.. 2 interviews in person.phone interview.. Staff friendly supervisors understanding.I liked that one of the other medical supervisors interviewed the incoming prospective nurse.The medical supervisor explained what I would be doing as a Nurse/Medical Supervisor.. What was expected from me.How the daily flow goes.etc

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   View Answer
    I was asked what i expected for start pay..

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in March 2011.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. There is an initial phone interview which lasted roughly 10 min. Then a face to face with assistant manager. After about 3 days got a call back to interview one more time with an assistant manager.

Didnt negotiate

Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services.

In-person interview with center manager; telephone interview with regional manager
    Was not given an accurate picture of what the job responsibilities would be
    Was not informed about the long hours on a constantly rotating schedule

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not carry out your employer's instructions   Answer Question
    negotiated higher salary offer

Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in July 2009.

This consisted of one meeting with the plasma center manager and a current center supervisor. Initially, I applied online (Monster.com) and received a call just under 4 weeks later from a fellow plasma center supervisor at this site. I was asked to come in to speak to the center manager on a mutually agreeable date. I arrived early and sat in the waiting area with fellow donor customers for 40 minutes before I had to go to the information desk and ask that the center manager be paged again.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was interrupted several times by knocks on the door and phone calls that the manager would take freely. There were no real "curve ball" questions. She just wanted to know how soon I could start after asking me about my experience working with the public and with employees. I asked several questions about the culture and was told that there were several young people that required constant "re-direction" and occasional feedback.   Answer Question
    There was a call offering me the position roughly 10 days following the interview after I called to see if the position had been filled. I was told that the maximum starting salary was 13.00 per hour but my first check revealed more than this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in January 2014.

Just your standard interview. "Why do you want to work here? What qualifications do you have?" They are mostly trying to determine if you're capable of showing up on time, being able to handle monotonous work loads, and can do it with a good attitude. After the interview, if you are decided to be a good fit, you will receive a call offering you the job. It's a nice place to start your career.

Interview Questions
    • I think I was asked a question regarding ethical integrity.   Answer Question
    N/A. Hourly rate was posted in job description.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in December 2011.

Called me for a quick phone interview to see why I was interested in working for Biolife. Then they invited me to a 1:1 interview which was about 15 questions. It was a behavioral interview. Very easy, low stress interview. They called me back several weeks later to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Biolife Plasma Services? Contribute to the Community!