Biolife Plasma Services

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Independence, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, called about two weeks later. Received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted to set up a 1:1 interview a few days later. The 1:1 took about an hour, interviewed with 2 different members of management. One focused on the regulations, rules, company policies, and stressed the attendance policy over and over. The next was a bit more laid back, and was very young. Very thorough interview process. Both interviewers provided great knowledge about the company, the position,the processes involved, and even use for plasma. I learned a lot.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. I knew what their pay range was for this position, and accepted what they offered.

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in December 2011.

Interview Details – Called me for a quick phone interview to see why I was interested in working for Biolife. Then they invited me to a 1:1 interview which was about 15 questions. It was a behavioral interview. Very easy, low stress interview. They called me back several weeks later to offer me a position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you implemented an idea at work.   Answer Question

Plasma Center Technician

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Assistant Manager (I got bonus points for answering courteously, not being distracted by kids, tv's etc and not having a ringback tone during the interview: I was told this after I was hired). She asked a couple of general questions, was I still interested etc. She then set up a phone interview. I was to call her, this allowed her to tell whether or not I was punctual for the phone interview. she went over my responses to the online application questions and delved further into my responses, clarified my salary expectations and asked general questions about my past positions in the field and informed me of the process should I get a call back for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview followed a few days later. It was semi formal (business casual, standard interview questions: how do you handle a customer/donor complaint? past experience in this field? personal strengths? personal weaknesses? what do you see as your biggest challenge with this job and how do you plan to overcome it? Bonus points for being able to tell the interviewer about Biolife as a company and more bonus points if you investigate Baxter, the parent company.) My interviewer used this time to tell me more about the position and the plasma center in general, the job pace, the requirements, the scheduling requirements. Then I was given a walk through of the various areas of the center and a description of the processes that take place in them.

My interviewer was clear, kind, and very good about detailing the next steps in the interview/hiring process. She was really good about giving me information about the position and company (though I am not sure if this can be said about those that hire across the board (I only had to entry level hire once ;)

A couple of days later I got a phone call with the official offer of the position. That day I went in for my drug test and physical capability/ medical review with the center nurse.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about Biolife and/or Baxter our parent company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Biolife Plasma Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biolife Plasma Services Plasma Center Technician interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Biolife Plasma Services employees and interview candidates.