Biomet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2014

2.6

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Biomet.

Had two phone interviews with the SVP Internal Audit and two weeks later an onsite interview with the CFO and 3 senior level managers.
    No technical questions, more an assessment of whether I would fit in the corporate culture and the audit team.

Clinical Document Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Biomet.

Initial contact and phone interview through human resources. After a short phone interview with the hiring manager, I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with the team and again with the hiring manager. The interview was very informal and they provided a lot of information regarding the position. The questions for me were targeted towards the job responsibilities and there were no behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few questions, so it was a challenge to present myself as a strong candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Senior Group Director Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Biomet in February 2014.

Took 3 months and it fell apart, but that is a good thing. I found the role myself from their website and worked through a local recruiter (who had contacted me earlier for a much lower level position that I was overqualified for). Recruiter was not "tied into" the organization for executive level positions, so he had to set things up with HR, which took over a month. HR finally called me for a "screening" after 2 months. HR woman was very rude, sped though every question, and conducted the screening like it was for an entry level role. The phone call lasted no longer than 10 minutes. I found out a day later from the recruiter that they "passed" on me. Funny thing is that I have more experience in the field than the VP RA. I also found out that a newly hired employee with one 510K under his belt was recently promoted to Director. It was obvious to me that this organization pays very low-and recruits the desperate and under skilled so that the top level can be secure in their role. I Highly suspect the Sr. DIR RA role was "pre-selected" (i.e. a friend got the job). I found Biomet the whole process to be very unprofessional and full of under-talented entitled staff. Be advised. I would never work for this firm. I expect FDA issues are coming their way.

Sales Representative Interview

3 stage process with typical interview questions. They are looking for confident, fearless and personable individuals that can grasp biomedical concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to overcome adversity.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate at this stage.

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Biomet.

One phone interview with a member of human resources and the hiring manager, and one afternoon of on-site interviewing: three half hour interviews with hiring manager, director, and vice president as well as a forty- five minute team interview with three research engineers and scientists. On-site interview offered about one week after the phone interview. Notice of offer to another candidate about one week after on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult or unexpected questions much more discussion about myself, the position, and the company.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Biomet.

1) Phone screening was conducted
    2) Approximately 5 weeks following phone screening, a phone interview from the director occurred.
    3) Three weeks following an onsite interview was conducted

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you for this position? Tell me about your self?   Answer Question

Business Manager - Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Biomet in February 2013.

Initial contact was from engineering manager and he conducted a phone interview which was relatively brief and to the point. Most of the discussion was based on medical design experience and project management. Phone interview was successful and invited to an onsite interview.
    On site interview started with a pleasant discussion with HR. Most questions had more to do with work ethic, getting-to-know-you type discussions. We briefly discussed money which though a bit unorthodox was welcomed since this opportunity required relocation and money was a very large factor.
    Next was a two-on-one discussion with mid level principles and was again more of a get-to-know-you conversation with overly detailed questions that I'm sure in their minds were clear but lacked important detail for me answer appropriately. I ended up asking of them more questions to find the root of their inquiries.
    Next I was interviewed by the engineering staff that would be "directed" by this new position yet "would not answer to" this individual in this position. (which screamed "all the responsibility without the authority") The interviewers (one in particular) were unprofessional, discourteous and rude which very much set me on the defensive. At several moments I contemplated ending the interview. I did finally have to stop their interrogation and ask them to please introduce themselves and tell me what their responsibilities were to get just a bit more perspective on their needs to better understand their questions i.e. "what would you do if someone asked you to do something and you can't do it?"
    This position, as it was explained to me, was to track this staff's operations, record progression and prioritize efforts and become liaison between this group and the "customer". They (the interviewing engineering staff) wanted someone to deal with the uneducated customer which to them was an irritant though the sole purpose of their responsibilities. It was quickly obvious this newly created position in which I was being considered, was based on the inabilities of the engineering staff to document their own work, communicate professionally with their customers and make recommendations to product changes. In other words, rather than management fix the problem, throw more people and money at it!
    My interview was concluded by meeting with two higher level principles of the company for more casual discussions. This resulted in more confusion since both had different perspectives on the position not to mention two very different philosophies of management. It did not take long to determine this company was living up to their reputation as a casual working environment which translates to very casual solutions to serious management issues. I had made the decision on my way home from the interview this was not the place for a long term employment relationship. Fortunately they came to the same conclusion!

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Biomet.

The interview was one on one with someone from HR in their mid-late 20's. The interview was very enjoyable and much like a conversation (not a Q&A). Interview lasted roughly 45 minutes, and touched on the professional and the personal. Be sure to get your professional experiences in, or the conversation might take up too much time.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about a time when I had to convince a boss of a different course of action, but my convincing didn't work.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Biomet in June 2012.

It was very pleasant and not too formal.

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Biomet in November 2010.

Several phone interviews followed by a full day round robin interview with 5 people at Biomet.

I accepted offer made