Biomet Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.6

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biomet.

Interview

The interview was well organized and very detailed. We reviewed the technical aspects of the job as well as the day to day responsibilities. I went out to lunch with a small group of prospective colleagues. I got to meet at least eight people at the company in four small group interview sessions. All in all it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your background and experience as it applies to this role?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Biomet (Fair Lawn, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

30 min 1:1 interview. A short tour of the factory. Just normal interview question and mainly aimed on behavior question. I didn't get into the second round so it might won't help.

Field Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biomet (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

My initial interview was with the branch sales manager. My second interview was with a regional manager, the branch manager, and a senior sales representative. The interview was very relaxed with easy or basic questions. Your goal is to make the regional manager feel comfortable with your personality and skill sets. For the fist interview, I sat and waited 30 minutes before being called in. For the second, I waited 45 minutes. Keep in mind the sales team is "busy" and as a field assistant your job is to work around and support them.

Interview Questions

• Questions were open ended to get you talking and open a dialogue. You are basically making a sales pitch to other salesman. Make sure you come prepared with at least three good questions to ask them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hourly pay rate was non-negotiable. Even working part time you can negotiate for health insurance, especially if you are driving the delivery van.

Any Position With the Company Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biomet (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You will be called by human resource for phone interview. Next the hiring manager will call and do phone interview. If they seem interest you will come in for an in person interview with multiple teams of people.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biomet (Warsaw, IN).

Interview

Had two phone interviews with the SVP Internal Audit and two weeks later an onsite interview with the CFO and 3 senior level managers. No technical questions, more an assessment of whether I would fit in the corporate culture and the audit team.

Contracting Job Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Biomet in August 2014.

Interview

It was a quick phone interview with the direct supervisor. They really just wanted to know why you want the position? It was not hard but it was a just a contracting job and they really need people. So I can not speak to all the other positions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biomet.

Interview

Initial contact and phone interview through human resources. After a short phone interview with the hiring manager, I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with the team and again with the hiring manager. The interview was very informal and they provided a lot of information regarding the position. The questions for me were targeted towards the job responsibilities and there were no behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• There were very few questions, so it was a challenge to present myself as a strong candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Senior Group Director Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Biomet (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Took 3 months and it fell apart, but that is a good thing. I found the role myself from their website and worked through a local recruiter (who had contacted me earlier for a much lower level position that I was overqualified for). Recruiter was not "tied into" the organization for executive level positions, so he had to set things up with HR, which took over a month. HR finally called me for a "screening" after 2 months. HR woman was very rude, sped though every question, and conducted the screening like it was for an entry level role. The phone call lasted no longer than 10 minutes. I found out a day later from the recruiter that they "passed" on me. Funny thing is that I have more experience in the field than the VP RA. I also found out that a newly hired employee with one 510K under his belt was recently promoted to Director. It was obvious to me that this organization pays very low-and recruits the desperate and under skilled so that the top level can be secure in their role. I Highly suspect the Sr. DIR RA role was "pre-selected" (i.e. a friend got the job). I found Biomet the whole process to be very unprofessional and full of under-talented entitled staff. Be advised. I would never work for this firm. I expect FDA issues are coming their way.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this role   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

3 stage process with typical interview questions. They are looking for confident, fearless and personable individuals that can grasp biomedical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome adversity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at this stage.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biomet.

Interview

One phone interview with a member of human resources and the hiring manager, and one afternoon of on-site interviewing: three half hour interviews with hiring manager, director, and vice president as well as a forty- five minute team interview with three research engineers and scientists. On-site interview offered about one week after the phone interview. Notice of offer to another candidate about one week after on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult or unexpected questions much more discussion about myself, the position, and the company.   Answer Question