Biotronik

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Specialist Interview

Clinical Specialist

Interviewed at Biotronik

Interview Details – Interview process was a breeze. Its based on whether you can bring in instant business and have a solid relationships with existing customers. Biotronik is really not the place for someone looking to get started in the industry. The training isn't up to par with the competition.

Interview Question – An interview with Biotronik is nothing to lose sleep over. Once you have won over your direct manager they will fly you out to meet with a regional manager at the airport resturant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

Regional Clinical Research Associate Interview

Regional Clinical Research Associate
Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Biotronik in June 2010.

Interview Details – Following a standard phone interview, I was flown out to US corporate headquarters in Lake Oswego, OR. I met with the manager of the regional CRA group, several in-house CRAs, a teleconference with several regional CRAs, the manager of the clinical monitoring and the VP of research and development. The interview lasted a full business day and included an informal, friendly lunch.

Interview Question – The regional CRAs asked a lot of hypothetical "how would you handle this" questions in a fairly rapid-fire manner.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Biotronik.

Interview Details – Laid back interview process. Felt like they just needed a body in the territory.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Management consists of egotistical morons. Promise them you can bring a ton of business and get a 2 year guarantee for $200K+/year. Witnessed it a lot and most of the reps cannot even sell their guarantee in total revenue. Management just hires friends.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Development Engineer Interview

Process Development Engineer

Interviewed at Biotronik

Interview Details – Resume was found online and I was emailed by the company. After a successful telephone interview, I was told that I was still in the running. I reached out to them and was finally set up with an on-site interview. It consisted of 6 interviews with senior employees and a presentation (30 min). I rushed from interviewer to interviewer as there was not enough time to complete each interview. Someone was unexpectedly busy, so the schedule was shuffled several times. I was also asked what my race was by one interviewers - sort of strange. I got no response for over one month. After emailing them a few times, I got an automated response that I was not going to get an offer.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lake Oswego, OR

Interview Details – Process proceeded quickly and smoothly. There was a glitch in the order of interviewers so I had lunch with someone with whom I should have had a technical interview. I was not told his role which had an adverse effect on our conversation.

Eventually, they checked my references. They wanted quite a few and some sort of indication of relationship and relevance. Very strangely, they checked with my *least* relevant ones (QEs who had consumed my work) and did not bother with my most relevant ones (former managers and fellow engineers from projects similar to the work I would be doing at Biotronik).

Either I was stabbed in the back by a reference or there was some sort of mistake in the process. I was unable to find out what had happened. Too bad, this looked like a great opportunity.

Curiously, over the weekend, I was taken on a tour of the area by a real estate person who worked closely with Biotronik. This was clearly part of the interview and he gives his report on candidates to HR. Despite feeling a little creepy at first, it turned out to be pleasant. It makes sense to me that they would wish to see how serious a candidate is about moving to Portland.

Interview Question – I was asked some EE questions and I am a SW engineer. We got past this and I was able to learn something new and interesting. I don't think this counted against me.   Answer Question

Enterprise Applications Analyst Interview

Enterprise Applications Analyst
Portland, OR

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Biotronik in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of phone interview. The first one was a project manager who was trying to see if I had performed the necessary job functions in my current & previous positions. This round was good and the questions definitely relevant to the position I was interviewing for. I cleared this round and was scheduled to interview for the next round with a senior team member. This interview wasn't as smooth as I would've expected but in my own defense they were too low level technical stuff for the position I was interviewing for... But anyways I didn't do too bad either...

I was supposed to receive decision about next steps within a week but never heard from them for 2 weeks, then I followed up and no response and then after a week I followed with my second interviewer and he said they will get back to me within 1 week. Again nothing so I followed after that 1 week and they 1 month.... well I haven't heard from then since

I would've really appreciated if they had sent me a reject.

Interview Questions

IT - Systems Administrator Interview

IT - Systems Administrator
Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Biotronik in July 2010.

Interview Details – This was without a doubt the least professional interview process I have ever been on. I was slated to meet with HR and then three following interviews with IT. I barely made it past HR.

The HR staffing manager mis-read my resume to me, mis-understood my background and for some reason did not understand why I could not gauge what my perspective job might be from thw white paper on their site. He took offense that I would use the internet to do background research rather than reading this possibly passed website. He immediately became confrontational, arguementative and generally rude. He continuously cut me off while I was trying to briefly answer his never ending battery of questions regarding thie company website. I can only assume that he designed it.

Fifteen minutes later he suggested that I not even attempt to speak with the IT staff and management. I was not a good cultural fit, according to him. He went so far as to tell me that he sould be making the 51% decission on my hiring. I was thinking by this time that I was going through some sort of hazing, and that I should just suck it up and go foreward, which I did. Now generally flustered; while speaking with the first level IT admin in a different building, his cel phone rang and my day ended right there. He told me that there was a "scheduling conflict", and I went home with half of a day completely wasted.

I emailed the HR management that evening suggesting that they look into this regardless of my qualifications, but the return email suggested that they agree with this behavior. I would stay far far away from them, unless you hear that they have made substantial changes with both their hiring staff as well as their company profesionalism.

Interview Questions

• HR only asked about their website. over and voer again.   View Answer
  • The IT questions were with VMWare.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Biotronik in July 2009.

Interview Details – Staffing manager was rude and unable to maintain the proper interview flow. His questions did not pertain to the position. In reviewing his background later on LinkedIn, I quickly realized that perhaps the reason for his lack of professionalism was his lack of tenure in previous positions and lack of experience.

Interview Question – What system did I use at my previous company to host video-conferencing?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Biotronik in May 2012.

Interview Details – I and other intern candidates were given a tour of the facilities and the opportunity to interact with several hiring managers in one on one interview/placement evaluations.

Interview Question – When testing an RF modulator, what steps can be taken to get the best possible signal from transceiver to transceiver?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Strategy Interview

Strategy
Berlin (Germany)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Biotronik in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1-1.5 hours interview, quiet and pleasant. there was a general standard form to fill, and no special or difficult questions. after a week and a half got a declining mail.

Interview Question – what would you not want to do?   Answer Question

Worked for Biotronik? Contribute to the Community!