Birks And Mayors Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Birks And Mayors

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Birks And Mayors in September 2013.

I submitted the application online, after 2 days got the phone call to inform me to do the interview. The first session, The store director interviewed me. After one week, the general manager interviewed me. The main questions was, why do you think you can work for Birks? What's the most challenge for co-work?

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Birks And Mayors in May 2009.

Manager emailed to request that I come in for an interview. All contact was through email.
    Three one-on-one interviews - first with the manager, second with assistant manager, final one was extra for me to make my decision because the hiring person changed my would-be job description. Quite intimidating. Manager smirked and raised brows at my salary request- too much? too little? Make sure to do your research about the company online or otherwise. Dress to impress. Remember all the details including catering your resume to the job, doing your nails, doing your hair, being early, giving lots of eye contact, etc. Know what balance of commission and salary you would like. Remember to shake hands and thank for the interview. Confidence is key! The people seemed nice but very business-like and can see right through you so if this isn't what you want, don't bother interviewing. Manager made sure to let me know that they thought I would be better suited for the other job I was applying for- they were very direct. Manager's office is very posh - lots of expensive champagne for high roller clients, nice flowers, glass chandeliers and sparkle everywhere. There were plenty of employees standing around, windexing when not assisting and assistant manager made sure to let me know when my time was up as he had another appt. with another client. Know your stuff, be well prepared, charming, and confident.

Interview Questions
    • What have you learned about our company? then after I responded, "what specifically did you learn from our website?"   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Have you ever been in a situation where a client was unhappy? How did you turn it around?   Answer Question