Birlasoft

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Birlasoft in June 2014.

HR called and scheduled an 1st round interview. HR agreed with my expected package which was good part. After 1st round interview, HR told you have cleared and given heads up for 2nd round interview with client. But did not got further communication on 2nd round interview schedules. I will have to give bad ratings for not committing on what they said.
    Interviewer during 1st round was good in asking technical question. He was going much deeper on my knowledge. But I felt he was not aware of new versions and its functionality of product.

Interview Questions
    • GIven me a two option for a specific design and asked me to identify the most approachable design.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer - Fulltime Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft in January 2014.

I was interviewed 2/25/2014 for this position by Rani Irudaya, a Biralasoft team member. Based on her responses during the interview, I did well. She told me my next interview would be with the hiring manager for the project I would be attached to. She stated she would contact my recruiter to schedule this interview. However, the next interview never happened. When I contacted the recruiter for an update, he promised a investigation but then never contacted me again.

Lack of follow up indicates a poorly defined HR hiring process. Interviewed candidates that are unsuccessful deserve a follow up statement like, "Sorry X, we have moved forward with another candidate." OR "Sorry, X, we closed the position unfulfilled." The lack of a follow up reflects poorly on company HR and may indicate problems dealing with employees.

Interview Questions
    • I was told I was being interviewed for a fulltime position. However, when I inquired about the initial project I was to work on, I was told that once the project was completed my contribution would be evaluated and based on that performance review I may not be retained.

This explanation is the definition of a contract-to-hire position not a fulltime position because, when a company hires a fulltime candidate, it is because they have high confidence the future employee will perform acceptably. If confidence is not high, they hire on a contract-to-hire basis. HR didn't seem to be able to make this distinction. This reflects poorly on the company.

Answer Question

Account Manager/Business Relationship Manager Interview

Interview process took 2-3 weeks , the hiring manager had 2 rounds of interviews one on phone , one in person. I was asked to travel coast to coast for the interview and the process was managed alright. Beware the final control and decision making lies with the CEO .

If the CEO likes you, you are hired, if not no matter what qualifications you hold and no matter if the hiring manager is happy with your experience , you are not recruited!!
    Basically spent 2 traveling coast to coast and 3 hours of different telephonic interviews to be rejected.

Would suggest to have all resumes screened by the CEO to save everyone's time and money. Yes my money too , as I'm waiting for my travel expenses to be reimbursed , and its been 2 months waiting!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • The CEO asking me the number of years of experience and experience in manufacturing industry.   View Answer

Business Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Birlasoft.

Initially contacted via an external hiring agent, had 3-4 rounds of interviews where they asked me about my experience in previous firms. Interviewers deep dived into my history and to determine if I've actually done what I say I've done. Good interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • What my goals are in 5 years. Always a challenging issue as any answer can be correct depending on what the interviewer is looking for.   Answer Question
    Was happy with offer, and did not negotiate much.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft.

Was a phone interview for Business analyst position in Stamford,CT. It was for about 20 minutes and asked typical technical questions like background, project information, why do you think you are fit for the role etc

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I used any automated tools to capture requirements or BI tools which was not listed in requirement description.   Answer Question

OBIEE Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft in October 2011.

They conducted techicl interview starting directly with the questions on datawarehousing and data modelling. It was highly technial.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft in October 2009.

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Birlasoft in December 2008.

It was a good interview and the complete attention was on the technical front. It was a thorough check on what you have mentioned in the resume and general topics as well.
     This was by far the best interview that i have had

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Too detailed and tough interview , based on multiple things like apti, group discussion. Good for fresher level. It is actually a tier 2 company. recruitment held in 2 days.
    thanks.

na

Senior QA Interview

They called up more than 200 people for first round then in next two months.. Slowly slowly they proceeded further for next 2 technical rounds. Then finally got call for hr round, had package discussion and they sent some one at home for background verification. And after that no further call from them. Neither they replied on mail nor they pick the call.. Very frustrating behavior. Will never ever join this company.