Birlasoft

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Birlasoft in February 2009.

Interview Details – 1 written Test, I technical round, 1 Manager, 1 HR

Interview Question – Written   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was smooth

Interviewed at Birlasoft

Interview Details – Proper Scheduling and Nice Post interview Follow Up

Interview Question – Nothing As Such.. You will get straight forward Technical questions   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Birlasoft in August 2012.

Interview Details – I attended an Interview for Java Developer at BirlaSoft for Hyderabad location. The office location is good and the building interior is average. As it was a scheduled interview around 30-40 candidates came to attend it. But they don't have the enough chairs, in fact they have only one sofa set which accommodates 10 candidates. I waited for 1 hr to get my turn. 1st round was a technical round with 2 senior developer. It went for almost 1hr and after that, they left the cabin. After 30 mins that the project manager came and asked about my project experience and salary expectation. Before attending Birlasoft interview I had one more offer with me from another company. It is 5.0 lacs and 40k as joining bonus for 2.1 years of experience. When I told him that I want better offer then my current offer or if not something similar to can do the job, he was shocked and asked about the company name. I didn't told the name first but then I revealed the name to him. Then He made a counter offer of Rs.4.5 lac which I rejected. He told me that HR will have a round with you. Then the HR came and told me that they can offer me max 4.8 lac and 40k traveling allowances which is still very high for their company standard. After that I left the office. 2 days after that he scheduled another round with their CEO, which was a telephonic round. I went to their office again and HR initiated the interview with the CEO. She was a lady and her location was Noida. It went for 15-20 mins and then HR came to me with lots of document, which I need to provide information about myself like previous experience, academics, address etc. I submitted those documents and HR told me that he will release the offer letter within 1 or 2 days. But that didn't happened. I was not serious about the offer but I still through of giving a call after 5-6 days. When I called him he told me he is busy he will going to contact me very soon. That too didn't happened. I called him again after 2 weeks. That time he told me that I am asking too high salary and they can not afford me and they got someone else to work with less salary.

Though I was not going to join Birlasoft but for the sake of a option I appeared interview at Birlasoft. But they didn't treated me how I expected. The HR and the project manager bargained for salary like vegetable shopkeepers. Its like a typical south Indian company. Worst salary negotiation I have faced in my career. If they treat candidates like this before joining how they will going to treat employees after joing.

Interview Question – Spring, Hibernate and web-services configurations and very very deep concept which are absolated and not very frequently used.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Birlasoft in September 2008.

Interview Details – Call was from one of company recruiter. Questions were very specific and clear. He gave a clear description of the position and role / responsibilities that would be part of it.

The interview panel was very technical. It went for almost 2 hours where they started from very basics. Question complexity kept on increasing till the time you start breaking. :).... You clearly understood where you stand from their standards!

Interview Question – Provide a performance analysis of the report (they provided a performance test report) and suggestions you would propose.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In terms of negotiations, not much options are there. They normally won't consider any hike in the salary other than the offered.

Software Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Birlasoft in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 techinal interviews.
thn HR interview
thts it.

Interview Question – questiona abt project work or techincal skills   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Birlasoft in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was a group campus recruitment.
There were 3 rounds of which the first round was a written test which comprised of maths,english, and some technical questions.
Second round was a group discussion which went very smoothly.
Third round was Personal Interview where they asked both personal and technical questions and wasn't that tough.

Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Birlasoft in January 2010.

Interview Details – They shortlisted my CV and given the time for telephonic interview. I have cleared the telephonic interview and then they called me for Personal one o one interview. I have cleared that interview and also and then they discussed with me about compensation.

Interview Question – No hard question   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Compensation was very less as compared to my experience

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Birlasoft in April 2010.

Interview Details – had a technical written test for screening then a group discussion. after clearing these two steps went for three rounds of interview. two technical and one HR. first HR was pretty cool asked about networking and my project in the final year. next technical interview was more subject specific and i answered 7 questions out of a total of 9 correctly.those who get through these were taken for an HR interview. the lady there was simply busy in popping chips and attended 5 phone calls in the 15 min. long interview.I was only asked what salary do i expect ? don't know what went wrong because i quoted the average salary they were offering and was quite well dressed and precise with my answers and i am the shy or the overconfident types. guess she didn't pay enough attention to what i had to say.

my suggestion please employ better HR professionals who have the stamina to inteview 30 candidates in a day without becoming to impatient with them.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Birlasoft

Worked for Birlasoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Birlasoft Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Birlasoft employees and interview candidates.