Birlasoft Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very unstructured. They conduct fake walkin's where in they will ask candidated to participate then later they will not rolll out the offer letters to the selected candidates. Moreover they will not keep you updated on your candidature.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Birlasoft

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft in November 2013.

Interview

First round is telephonic , where they will check basics . Most of the cases second will be second round with onsite (very basic , pretty easy) Some cases second round will be face to face followed by manager and HR discussion then with Onsite the very next day

Interview Questions

• Nothing , its pretty easy to crack if you have good knowledge on basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

two days

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Proper Scheduling and Nice Post interview Follow Up

Interview Questions

• Nothing As Such.. You will get straight forward Technical questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft (Hyderābād (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I attended an Interview for Java Developer at BirlaSoft for Hyderabad location. The office location is good and the building interior is average. As it was a scheduled interview around 30-40 candidates came to attend it. But they don't have the enough chairs, in fact they have only one sofa set which accommodates 10 candidates. I waited for 1 hr to get my turn. 1st round was a technical round with 2 senior developer. It went for almost 1hr and after that, they left the cabin. After 30 mins that the project manager came and asked about my project experience and salary expectation. Before attending Birlasoft interview I had one more offer with me from another company. It is 5.0 lacs and 40k as joining bonus for 2.1 years of experience. When I told him that I want better offer then my current offer or if not something similar to can do the job, he was shocked and asked about the company name. I didn't told the name first but then I revealed the name to him. Then He made a counter offer of Rs.4.5 lac which I rejected. He told me that HR will have a round with you. Then the HR came and told me that they can offer me max 4.8 lac and 40k traveling allowances which is still very high for their company standard. After that I left the office. 2 days after that he scheduled another round with their CEO, which was a telephonic round. I went to their office again and HR initiated the interview with the CEO. She was a lady and her location was Noida. It went for 15-20 mins and then HR came to me with lots of document, which I need to provide information about myself like previous experience, academics, address etc. I submitted those documents and HR told me that he will release the offer letter within 1 or 2 days. But that didn't happened. I was not serious about the offer but I still through of giving a call after 5-6 days. When I called him he told me he is busy he will going to contact me very soon. That too didn't happened. I called him again after 2 weeks. That time he told me that I am asking too high salary and they can not afford me and they got someone else to work with less salary. Though I was not going to join Birlasoft but for the sake of a option I appeared interview at Birlasoft. But they didn't treated me how I expected. The HR and the project manager bargained for salary like vegetable shopkeepers. Its like a typical south Indian company. Worst salary negotiation I have faced in my career. If they treat candidates like this before joining how they will going to treat employees after joing.

Interview Questions

• Spring, Hibernate and web-services configurations and very very deep concept which are absolated and not very frequently used.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Birlasoft (Noida (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 level interview process two technical and one HR, 1 st round is tough if that clear then its almost easy second will be preferably manager and TL round and last is HR

Interview Questions

• basic OOPS, Java/.net ,SQl Question , if wxperience SSRS and SSIS , informatica is also now a days   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a group campus recruitment. There were 3 rounds of which the first round was a written test which comprised of maths,english, and some technical questions. Second round was a group discussion which went very smoothly. Third round was Personal Interview where they asked both personal and technical questions and wasn't that tough.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Birlasoft in January 2011.

Interview

2 techinal interviews. thn HR interview thts it.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft in April 2010.

Interview

had a technical written test for screening then a group discussion. after clearing these two steps went for three rounds of interview. two technical and one HR. first HR was pretty cool asked about networking and my project in the final year. next technical interview was more subject specific and i answered 7 questions out of a total of 9 correctly.those who get through these were taken for an HR interview. the lady there was simply busy in popping chips and attended 5 phone calls in the 15 min. long interview.I was only asked what salary do i expect ? don't know what went wrong because i quoted the average salary they were offering and was quite well dressed and precise with my answers and i am the shy or the overconfident types. guess she didn't pay enough attention to what i had to say. my suggestion please employ better HR professionals who have the stamina to inteview 30 candidates in a day without becoming to impatient with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Birlasoft (Delhi (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

They shortlisted my CV and given the time for telephonic interview. I have cleared the telephonic interview and then they called me for Personal one o one interview. I have cleared that interview and also and then they discussed with me about compensation.

Interview Questions

Compensation was very less as compared to my experience

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Birlasoft (Noida (India)) in February 2009.

Interview

1 written Test, I technical round, 1 Manager, 1 HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was smooth