Bisk Education Interview Questions & Reviews

21 interviews

2.8

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bisk Education in October 2013.

A few days after I submitted my resume, I received a call about the position. HR sent me a 3-part assessment. Two parts had to do with writing objectives and one part consisted of formatting a lecture/notes according to their style guide. The assessment was very fair not not particularly difficult. I had an interview the following week, negotiated a salary the next week and started working the next. It was all very quick and very rewarding.

The interview itself was relaxed, but straightforward. They asked a lot of questions about project management and processes. They seemed genuinely interested in my past experiences and skills. They were more concerned with what I would term "personality" issues than skill level. To loosely quote the interviewer, "I can teach a person instructional design; I can't teach them how to not be a jerk." Now that I've worked here for about 8 months, I can see that they've cultivated a group of IDs who are soft-spoken, somewhat introverted, self-motivated, love to learn, and are open to asking for and receiving help from others.

HR was very attentive during the whole process and returned calls and email quickly. It was a fairly painless process that made me feel valued. I was treated like a person and not just another "applicant."

Interview Questions
    Quick and easy. Within just a few days they called with an offer. I shared that I was expecting a little more and the HR rep talked to the VP and called me back within an hour. We met half-way. The offer was fair and I was very satisfied.

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bisk Education in February 2011.

Phone interview and 1:1 with Media Director and VP of Media

Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bisk Education.

Mini interview with HR on the phone. They discussed salary and expectations. Asked about experience in call center then asked for a formal interview
    Formal interview with HR... Given scenarios and monthly goal expectations. I was then asked to travel to other building to interview with supervisor and manager of the department. Provide basic interview questions. Pretty easy
    Received a call 30 minutes later telling me I had the position

Interview Questions
    • NO QUESTIONS WERE TOO HARD, Just be able to talk about call center experience and meeting goals   Answer Question
    No. Set pay rate. $10 an hour

Cms Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bisk Education in February 2013.

Very professional and fair environment

Interview Questions
    • The developer test they gave me was fairly straight forward but outdated.   View Answer
    Don't accept the first offer they throw at you. If you wait it out you will get a higher pay rate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bisk Education in September 2013.

The hiring process is pretty standard. I met a hiring manager at a career fair, submitted a resume, and was contacted in about two weeks. The first interview was with the manager I met at the career fair. This focused on experience, skills, and how I'd fit within the corporate culture. Just after getting home I was contacted by the HR rep for a second round interview. This interview was one on one with a higher level manager. This interview was difficult as it focused more on thought process and how I handled strange questions rather than on specific skills or experience.

Interview Questions
    • What question have I not asked you yet during this interview?   View Answer

C#/.NET Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bisk Education.

referred to this position by a recruiter. Initial interview with Bisk was a phone interview basically just reviewing experience and asking questions about my experience. Second interview was an on site hands-on development test; they provided requirements for a simple web application displaying information from the Northwind database.

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bisk Education in July 2011.

First contact is with an HR representative to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager, if your application is selected for contact. If you pass the phone screen, there are a series of on-site interviews with Senior-level team-members, the hiring manager, the division VP, potentially the CMO, and HR. Interviews may be done panel style, or may be individual over the course of several hours. It is possible that interviews take place over several days if the executives are unavailable. Post on-site interview, an follow up phone call and offer letter are extended, over which negotiation may occur. Once offer letter is signed, the background and credit checks are completed and start date is set. First day is half orientation, half work-day.

Interview Questions
    Quick and easy. I made a counter offer, they countered the same day, and accepted the counter and signed the offer letter within a 24 hour period.

Online Advertising Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Bisk Education.

The process was very, very long and drawn out. I was contacted by Bisk HR just a few days after sending my resume, then scheduled for a phone interview about a week later which went very well.

From there it was about 6 weeks of nothing but playing email tag with HR who insisted that I stay in contact. I was finally scheduled for an in-person interview about 8 weeks after the process began, which was canceled once, then rescheduled. After the interview I had to wait another 2 months before hearing their final decision. The entire process from first contact to final decision; about 5 months.

To the interview itself:

I first met with my HR rep who was nice enough, and we discussed salary & benefits. But I just could not believe it when she told me that new employees are given No Vacation days their first year, then only 5 their second year. That was a complete deal breaker for me, and I went into the actual interview knowing I did not want to work here. I value work/life balance far to much to work for a company that doesn't share these values, and I don't understand how a company like this can expect to attract any sort of talent while offering a deal like that to anybody.

The interview itself was a lot more intense than I expected. It felt much more like an interrogation than an interview. I wasn't made to feel particularly welcome, than I was led to conference room where three managers at once would interview me in a very direct, non-conversational manner. My interview performance was sub-par because my heart just wasn't in it at this point. I answered their questions, but all I wanted to do was leave. It probably showed. At one point, one of the hiring managers actually seemed to get slightly angry. All I had asked him was "What is the day to day routine like? And I asked about corporate culture". It was quite telling that this person was a hot head who I would not enjoy working with

I was finally contacted about 2 months after the interview and told I wasn't being offered the job. That was fine. I didn't do any sort of follow up, and I had no desire to work for Bisk at this point anyway. I would not have accepted even if offered the position or would have at least asked for a minimum of 2 weeks PTO time as part of my package.

Judging the job listings, this place has a LOT of turnover. I'm not surprised by that, but I am surprised they can get anybody to work here at all. The process took forever for a company that I felt just wasn't offering anything to anybody with any skills.

From the moment I walked in, I did not get a very positive vibe about this company and walking out I was convinced I didn't want to work here. The office felt very cold and uninviting. It just felt unhappy, and the type of place people "end up" instead of actively pursue.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to work out a lot of hypothetical scenarios. "What would I do in X case?", "How would I handle it if X happened to Y, but Y was Z?"

A lot of them seem almost impossible to answer without knowing anything about how the company operates.
        Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bisk Education.

Nothing to plan for. Easy non-related interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, if you know anything about instructional design you have nothing to worry about.   Answer Question
    They will make you feel like they cannot pay you what you are worth; then say you can get a 7-15% raise in a year...all lies!!

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bisk Education in March 2013.

The corporate recruiter called me directly after seeing my resume online. After talking with me and getting my salary expectations she told me that the salary wasn't as high as I wanted but she was sure they could meet me in the middle somewhere. I said OK and then she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called a few days later and asked me about my experience and if I ever worked with this or that. That went well I guess and the corporate recruiter called me to set up a face to face interview for the following week. I went down there and they gave me an online assessment test that was time limited to 1 hour and had about 50 questions. The test was really oriented for a MSSQL Server DBA and I don't think I did very well. Then after the test I met with the hiring manager and the lead DBA who I talked to for about an hour. They were pleasant enough.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment test was oriented for a MSSQL Server DBA rather than an SLQ Developer.   Answer Question

The pay was too low. They didn't attempt to meet me in the middle as the recruiter said they would. The pay was about 15k then than my last full time job.

Worked for Bisk Education? Contribute to the Community!