Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BitTorrent
- Software Engineer (1)
- Campaign Manager (1)
- Interaction Designer (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Product Designer (1)
- Python Developer (1)
- QA Automation Engineer (1)
- QA Engineer (1)
- Ad Analyst (1)
- Ad Trafficker/Analyst (1)
1 person found this helpful
QA Automation Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BitTorrent in July 2013.
Responded to a Craigslist ad and applied through JobVite.
Spoke with recruiter on the phone for 15-30 minutes.
Did a programming challenge in Python involving downloading of a file and finding its SHA-1 hash.
Went in for an in-person interview about a week later. Spoke with 4 people in 1 to 1 sessions lasting about 30-45 minutes each.
- A dwarf-killing giant lines up 10 dwarfs from shortest to tallest. Each dwarf can see all the shortest dwarfs in front of him, but cannot see the dwarfs behind himself. The giant randomly puts a white or black hat on each dwarf. No dwarf can see their own hat. The giant tells all the dwarfs that he will ask each dwarf, starting with the tallest, for the color of his hat. If the dwarf answers incorrectly, the giant will kill the dwarf. Each dwarf can hear the previous answers, but cannot hear when a dwarf is killed.
What strategy should be used to kill the fewest dwarfs, and what is the minimum number of dwarfs that can be saved with this strategy? View Answers (15)
- You have 2 identical crystal orbs and a 100 storey tall building. How do you determine which floor the orbs will shatter at, and what is the minimum number of tests you need to execute? View Answers (3)
- Implement 2 functions, is_palindrome() and max_int(). The first function returns True if the given string is a palindrome, and False if not. The second function returns the largest integer that is (1) the product of two 3 digit integers, and (2) is a palindrome. View Answer
- Implement functions that will return the nth number from the Fibonacci sequence. Implement both iterative and recursive solutions. Answer Question
- What would the person closest to you say that they would change about you? Answer Question