Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BitTorrent
- QA Automation Engineer (2)
- QA Engineer (1)
- Ad Analyst (1)
- Ad Trafficker/Analyst (1)
- User Experience Visual Design (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Campaign Manager (1)
- Interaction Designer (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Product Designer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Python Developer (1)
QA Automation Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at BitTorrent (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.
Responded to a Craigslist ad and applied through JobVite.
Spoke with recruiter on the phone for 15-30 minutes.
Did a programming challenge in Python involving downloading of a file and finding its SHA-1 hash.
Went in for an in-person interview about a week later. Spoke with 4 people in 1 to 1 sessions lasting about 30-45 minutes each.
- A dwarf-killing giant lines up 10 dwarfs from shortest to tallest. Each dwarf can see all the shortest dwarfs in front of him, but cannot see the dwarfs behind himself. The giant randomly puts a white or black hat on each dwarf. No dwarf can see their own hat. The giant tells all the dwarfs that he will ask each dwarf, starting with the tallest, for the color of his hat. If the dwarf answers incorrectly, the giant will kill the dwarf. Each dwarf can hear the previous answers, but cannot hear when a dwarf is killed.
What strategy should be used to kill the fewest dwarfs, and what is the minimum number of dwarfs that can be saved with this strategy? 16 Answers
- You have 2 identical crystal orbs and a 100 storey tall building. How do you determine which floor the orbs will shatter at, and what is the minimum number of tests you need to execute? 5 Answers
- Implement 2 functions, is_palindrome() and max_int(). The first function returns True if the given string is a palindrome, and False if not. The second function returns the largest integer that is (1) the product of two 3 digit integers, and (2) is a palindrome. 1 Answer
- Implement functions that will return the nth number from the Fibonacci sequence. Implement both iterative and recursive solutions. Answer Question
- What would the person closest to you say that they would change about you? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for BitTorrent
QA Automation Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at BitTorrent (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.
Spoke with the recruiter over the phone about the job description and my background. Being a local candidate I was called directly onsite after solving a coding question at home. The coding question was to download a file using Python and calculate the SHA-1.
The onsite interview process was terrible. I met with a engineer and he gave coding question to find the palindrome of number and asked few questions about my background. I have experience in Java and not in Python. The second engineer came and started asking about Python. Although the job required Python I didn't have any experience. I said I was willing to learn but I don't have any working knowledge of Python. He continued asking about list comprehension and regular expressions in Python. I was not able to answer. Then all of a sudden the third round was cancelled and they said that there was some error in short listing my application and that they wanted more experience in Python. I was very angry and suggested them to conduct phone interviews first and then call the candidate onsite. I am glad I did not get the job.
- Palindrome, Python list comprehension. Answer Question