Black Box Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Box.

Interview

The interview was standard. There were many questions regarding my experience and previous roles outside the industry. It has been a while so I don't quit remember the details. But i do remember it being pretty standard, nothing crazy.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Black Box.

Interview

First Telephone interview with someone working with the client. Definitely knows what the client is looking for and can be a mentor. Second interview, was in-person interview at client interview. One of the simplest interview I have ever done. Straight to the point not looking for a way to weed you out just want to know can you do the job?

Interview Questions

• How is your Excel experience and working with large data sets   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Box (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I answered an advertisement for a cabling job, and received an immediate interview. I went for an interview, and I was interviewed, drug tested, and sent for a driving record before even getting an application. Seems they will hire you quickly if they believe you will work hard, and you need to be ready to do that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me what they were paying, and gave some false hope of a raise in 3 months. Raise didn't happen.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black Box (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Not difficult. Basically the hiring manager sat me down and she told me what the job duties were and went over the background of the company. Seemed like they hired anyone that come in. She didn't ask me to tell her anything about what I did at my previous jobs. Not surprising, the place is a revolving door.

Interview Questions

• None. I had to ask the interviewer if they wanted to know about my background.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Box (Sterling, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

very easy going, very informal. they talked about the job and the people and the company. They discussed the salary and the way things are supposed to be run in the office.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

Interview was very fair and thorough - no odd questions. All questions were very relevant to the position and interviewer was very friendly and informative.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Black Box (Duluth, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Went very well. The manager was very professional. He asked direct questions on my back ground. I felt very conferrable during the process.. The manager seemed to be impress with my background and work experience. .

Interview Questions

• What my experience as a project coordinator.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Box (Lawrence, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

this was a contract position through an employment agency. but it was all standard stuff. agency contacted me. i went on site to interview. spoke with a few managers there. showed my portfolio of work. they described the position. they seemed used to hiring people on contact basis, so i felt a bit like a cog in a wheel.

Negotiation

no negotioation. this was done through an agency.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Black Box.

Interview

Pretty straight forward...these guys know the IT infrastructure. If you don't you will not survive. But you would probably pass the interview. .The work they do is intense C4I. I knew that going in. So I didn't plan to dazzle them, just be straight. you will normally have two interviews one with a manager and one within ur field.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion on this or that?   1 Answer
    • Did you really do XYZ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None...they met my asking price.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black Box.

Interview

Interview went great 45 minutes of interactive dialogue.