Black Box

Very Easy Interview

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Black Box.

Interview Details – I answered an advertisement for a cabling job, and received an immediate interview. I went for an interview, and I was interviewed, drug tested, and sent for a driving record before even getting an application. Seems they will hire you quickly if they believe you will work hard, and you need to be ready to do that.

Interview Question – Can you travel for several weeks at a time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me what they were paying, and gave some false hope of a raise in 3 months. Raise didn't happen.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Lawrence, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Black Box in March 2010.

Interview Details – this was a contract position through an employment agency. but it was all standard stuff. agency contacted me. i went on site to interview. spoke with a few managers there. showed my portfolio of work. they described the position. they seemed used to hiring people on contact basis, so i felt a bit like a cog in a wheel.

Negotiation Details – no negotioation. this was done through an agency.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Talent Acquisition

Interviewed at Black Box

Interview Details – Interview was very fair and thorough - no odd questions. All questions were very relevant to the position and interviewer was very friendly and informative.

Interview Question – Describe a time when your integrity was challenged.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Black Box.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward...these guys know the IT infrastructure. If you don't you will not survive. But you would probably pass the interview. .The work they do is intense C4I. I knew that going in. So I didn't plan to dazzle them, just be straight. you will normally have two interviews one with a manager and one within ur field.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None...they met my asking price.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Black Box in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was a current employee interviewing for a newly created position. It was a multiple management position.

Interview Question – Do you have ant issues with splitting your time between the three departments?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything about the position. It was presented as take it or leave it.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Black Box in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interview went well but I didn't want to relocate.

Interview Question – Where do you want to see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Black Box in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manager for coffee. he went into detail about the position.

Interview Question – No difficult or unusal questions asked   Answer Question

Worked for Black Box? Contribute to the Community!