Black Duck Software

Updated Jul 11, 2014

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Black Duck Software

Business Development Representative Interview

Phone Screen then in-person interview. Meeting with multiple people over the span of one and half hours to two hours. Most of the people were in the sales department but I also met with one person in the human resource department.

DHR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black Duck Software in January 2014.

The hiring manager looked for referrals and asked for interested parties to call. While initially, he took a moment to hear how I may be qualified he abruptly stopped the dialogue, not based on skills or qualifications, but rather based on the size of previous companies worked for. Rather than being able to relate experience, he stated he did not want to waste my time or his because he knew that a candidate needed to work in his size company to be successful. While I can respect someone for knowing what they want, the abrupt nature of the hiring manager and shortsightedness was rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult not being able to relate one's experience to the current needs to the company because of the hiring managers interview preference.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Black Duck Software.

Applied through LinkedIn.Got a call from the HR. Set up an interview with the Hiring Manager, called Onsite to meet the entire team of 9 people from Vice Prsident of the department to junior members, couldn't meet the manager and HR Vice president so was called again..went good.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was made from their side. Did not budge on the offer,infact directly sent me the offer letter...

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black Duck Software in January 2012.

Don't waste your time if you have a job, unless you can remember everything from your college algorithm 101 days and can code the algorithm in 30 minutes. Apparently 10+ years of working experience really didn't matter if one can not come up and program Boyer-Moore majority voting algorithm in 30 minutes.