Black Duck Software

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

DHR Interview

Burlington, MA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Black Duck Software in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring manager looked for referrals and asked for interested parties to call. While initially, he took a moment to hear how I may be qualified he abruptly stopped the dialogue, not based on skills or qualifications, but rather based on the size of previous companies worked for. Rather than being able to relate experience, he stated he did not want to waste my time or his because he knew that a candidate needed to work in his size company to be successful. While I can respect someone for knowing what they want, the abrupt nature of the hiring manager and shortsightedness was rather unprofessional.

Interview Question – It was difficult not being able to relate one's experience to the current needs to the company because of the hiring managers interview preference.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Black Duck Software.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn.Got a call from the HR. Set up an interview with the Hiring Manager, called Onsite to meet the entire team of 9 people from Vice Prsident of the department to junior members, couldn't meet the manager and HR Vice president so was called again..went good.

Interview Question – Nothing as such..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was made from their side. Did not budge on the offer,infact directly sent me the offer letter...

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Black Duck Software in January 2012.

Interview Details – Don't waste your time if you have a job, unless you can remember everything from your college algorithm 101 days and can code the algorithm in 30 minutes. Apparently 10+ years of working experience really didn't matter if one can not come up and program Boyer-Moore majority voting algorithm in 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Find majority number in an array of integers   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Black Duck Software? Contribute to the Community!

Black Duck Software Videos

Black Duck Software – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​Helping Developers Build Better Software Faster with the Power of Open Source​​ At Black Duck, we believe the future of software development relies on the effective and informed use of open source technologies and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Black Duck Software interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Black Duck Software employees and interview candidates.