Black Entertainment Television Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Black Entertainment Television

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Black Entertainment Television in November 2009.

Initial job post was found through my university career website. I was contacted through e-mail shortly after submission. There was one 25-minute interview with my direct supervisor. I was contacted shortly after with an offer and a start date to begin the internship.

Interview Questions
    • There were basic interview questions, nothing that would scare a potential employee, just questions to figure out work-style preference   Answer Question
    Since it was an unpaid internship, there was not any negotiations for salary

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Black Entertainment Television in October 2011.

The interview process was short and simple. The meeting was with the senior producer. He seemed disinterested in the interview and I did not know what to expect as an outcome. To my surprise, I got the production assistant position. Perhaps because the job is a "perma-lance" (permanent or full-time freelancer job), I didn't have to go through all of the usual channels one would expect when interviewing and being hired by BET.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a typical, straight-forward interview with no abstract or unexpected questions. Simple.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, just a set rate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Black Entertainment Television in March 2010.

Phone interview, seven minutes later I got the job

No Negotiation, non-paid

Producer and Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Black Entertainment Television in June 2008.

Was referred for a position and contacted the hiring manager and set up an interview within days of initial contact. Lasted about one hour with the department manager and 30 minutes with the HR person. Was contacted within 4 days with an offer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate at least $10k more than offered.

Worked for Black Entertainment Television? Contribute to the Community!