Black & Decker

Black & Decker Interview Questions

2.9

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Decker.

I met with hiring manager and other members of the team on an on campus recruitment event and was invited to come in for an interview. Interview involved me sitting in one room and five employees coming in one after another. I then got an email offer and then invited to come in again for a presentation where incoming recent graduated were given an overview of the company.

Interview Questions
    There was a set entry level offer. I asked for a sign-on bonus but did not get one.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Decker in November 2009.

I was recommended by my previous boss so the interview process was easy, there were not so many questions about my performance because they already know about my capabilities.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate and just accepted the offer they made.

Iadp Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Decker in October 2009.

The interview consisted of behavioral questions such as.. tell me a time when you did x. There were no questions asked about my resume. Most of the interview was technical questions, like an oral accounting exam. The interview was divided so you would meet with two sets of interviewers for a half an hour each.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a subject in accounting you are very familiar with.   Answer Question

Inbound Shipping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Black & Decker in October 2009.

Phone interview with a 3rd party recruiter, then phone interview with HR. Would of progressed to on-site interview.

Sales & Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Decker in September 2009.

I was contacted by a B&D recruiter. She held a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Next, was an interview with a local sales manager. This was very basic; nothing overwhelming. That afternoon, I rode with another manager to visit one of the local accounts I would be managing; we walked the store and he described what a typical day would be like. 3 days later, I was contacted to schedule an interview at the home office in Baltimore Maryland. They covered all expenses. A group of 50 people were brought in to interview for several positions nationwide. This was a 2 day event concluding with a round robbin 1:1 interview process with several HR managers. The day I arrived home, I was contacted and offered the position.

Chargeback Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Decker in June 2009.

Current Employee hired into a new dept.. Interviewed by 5 people, and is pretty standard. I love working here. Very welcoming team environment.

Accepted offer

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Decker in May 2009.

The initial screen was done via telephone by a representative from Decision Toolbox (the outsourced HR sourcing company). The job description was more detailed than I had seen before, so I really knew what the position entailed. I was one of a few (not sure how many) people that were interviewed over the telephone by the hiring manager. A week later I was contact about coming into their offices for face to face interviews with the hiring manager, an HR director, and other managers, as well as the current incumbent. It was a rather thorough interview process that gave me a good look 'inside' the company.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at your resume it appears that you have had more or less the same title for the past five employers. Explain?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a diverse range of personalities, or can you?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Black & Decker in January 2008.

Had interviews with a couple of people on campus the first day. Was invited for a day-long interview at their headquarters then which consisted of 4-5 interviews with diff. employees consisted of both behavioral, HR and technical (EE) questions. After passing, another round another day with 3 diff. people. All technical.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Decker in February 2007.

They recruited at my MBA program and gave a great presentation on the company culture, sucess, and products. Interviewed once on campus, and then went to Towson for a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    Was unable to negotiate and they seemed very inflexible. They prided themselves on hefty bonuses above salary, but as the economy went downhill, the hefty bonuses stopped and the lower salary became a greater and greater concern.

Sales and Marketing Development Program Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Black & Decker in March 2010.

Got an interview with the company. The interviewer mis scheduled me so I ended up missing the interview. He called me and said that he messed up and that he wanted to talk to me. So I had an interview the next day which went very well.