Black & Veatch Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Applied on campus career fair and got an interview the same day. The interview had no technical questions, it was all behavioral questions. There were two engineers interviewing, so it was a little intimidating, but manageable. During the interview both engineers were filling out some evaluation sheet, making comments on how I answered their questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had 2 projects that were due within similar time frames and how you managed them.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you and another person or group had conflicting ideas and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2015.

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions, but only after I had shown knowledge of whatever topic was being talked about. I had 6 thirty minute interviews back to back. It seems like a long process, but the professionals were all very down to earth and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • Of your previous internship and class experience, what was your favorite project to work on?   View Answer

Intern Interview

campus interview . got a call at the campus fair itself. went to campus fair . discussed my resume and then he asked me if i was free for an interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

I had four rounds of interviews. All of them were non technical which was the most surprising thing since I had applied for the position of an electrical engineer internship. People were very nice, but it was a standard interview with the standard questions. Confident answers are good. I was asked to drive in for the day. All my interviewers were technical people, I did not have any HR interviews. The last two interviewers seemed to be very young, it must have been a learning experience for them

Interview Questions
    • Every question was very standard and that was the expected part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2013.

I got the interview through a recruiter. Then, I applied online. Two months later, I received a plane tickets to attend the interview in B&V headquarter

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2012.

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2012.

1:1 interview. Behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in October 2011.

1, Talked to them at a university career fair.
    2. Had an on campus interview the next day.
    3. Got a call a month later asking me to come to the headquarters for an interview.

Interview was with a panel of 4 people and lasted about an hour. The interview was very conversational. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you procrastinated on something and how that turned out.   View Answer
    No negotiations really with an intern wage.